Chapter 10 Sense

(Nora's POV)

I didn't move at all, but I could feel Amos stiffen above me.

He was holding himself up with his hands. The only thing, keeping him from smashing me underneath him, was his large arms, on either side of my head. 

It was almost as if he was trying to shield me off, from whoever was at the front door.

No one said a word, but I could feel Amos getting more and more irritated. 

He was nearly on top of me, covering me from the stranger. 

I slowly slid my hand into his squeezing slightly. He seem to relax a little bit, but he was still tense around the shoulders. 

Then I finally heard him speak.

"Just go, we will deal with them later." He said in a stern voice. 

Who ever he was talking to, I knew that I wouldn't want to be in his or her place. 

Amos sounded terrifying, nothing like what I had experienced minutes before as he ran his fingers through the strands of my hair. 

The other person didn't say anything, but I had assumed that they had just left because I heard the door open and close again. 

When I looked up, I saw Amos had his eyes closed. He was breathing heavily and his hands were shaking.

He really was angry about something.

"Amos?" I asked, slowly bringing my hand up and touching the side of his rock hard chin. 

His eyes instantly opened and darted down towards me. I felt like he was looking at me, but knew, he could do no such thing.

Again he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 

"Sorry." he sighed, leaning down to rest his forehead on mine. 

My eyes instantly closed...I thought he was going to kiss me, but when his head remained in the same place, I just stayed still. 

"About what?" I asked, keeping my eyes closed.

I felt him move forwards. 

"Scaring you." he told me.

I swallowed louder than I meant to.

"I-I wasn't scared" I said, opening my eyes to see his eyes were now opened again. 

I saw a small smile on his face.

"Why do you say that I was scared?" I asked, still underneath the tall man, with a killer smile. 

"I heard your heart beat quicken." he said, simply.

My eyes widened. 

"I'm sorry, you what?" I asked, at lost for words. 

"I mean....I could see it in your face." he told me, nervously.

"Really?" I asked, wanting to chuckle or maybe scream. 

"Yeah" he said. 

"Really?" I asked again and then continued "Well, I don't mean to sound insensitive, but last time I checked...you were blind." I told him, watching his face the whole time. His aura was a collision of colors all ending up in the same place with the same conclusion. 

He was trying to lie to me. 

Again, he stiffened. Instantly, I wanted to take my words back...but I couldn't.

He was lying to me...obviously, but he wasn't hurt. He was more or so...ashamed?

"I could just sense it" he told me, his voice low and sad.