Chapter 9

Thank you everyone for voting and commenting on my new chapter, as well as the old ones, I was so shocked to know alot of you liked it! Im grateful! :))

I just finished up my finals for semester 1 for senior year 3 hours ago and im almost there to graduating guys! I had such a good week I thought of posting this update early as a treat ^^

Again, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH <33

***

“It’s like a little paradise.” Louis grinned. He stood calf deep in the warm waters of the cove.

They sailed into the late afternoon before. Last night, there was no moon. Louis barely slept, he was to relieved to have the realization that his journey might soon come to an end. He assigned four men to keep watch for Grimmy.

This morning, Harry had knocked on Louis door with the sun and enticed him to join him for some exploring. Louis soon learned why Grimmy liked this island. It was so incredibly green; the water was so blue in its distance. So clear, so inviting.

Without hesitation, Louis rolled up the legs of his breeches. He removed his boots and socks, and now walked along the water’s edge within the cove. Around his ankles, colorful fishes skimmed. The water was so rich and pure that he could see his wiggling toes.

“I’ve always loved this place.” Harry sighed, nostalgic.         

“Does Grimmy spend the majority of his time here?”

“More and more with time. He’s thirty, that’s old for a pirate.”

“And what about you? Just to be generous, I’m twenty –“

“I know.”

Louis blinked. “That’s not upsetting in the least.” Playfully frowning up to Harry. His shoulders jerking up from an inner chuckle.

“One and eight.”

Louis ran a hand along his knee. “You seem older.”

Harry grinned. “The result of hard living and even harder game.”

Louis couldn’t hold it back, he laughed joyously. Harry could be fun. Playful and teasing. “At moments like these, I almost forget you’re a pirate.”

Harry was motionless, looking at Louis toes. At moments like this, Harry almost wished he wasn’t. His gaze shifted to meet the olders bright blue eyes that his sun kissed skin complimented. When Louis looked at him like that, with such openness, he almost was ashamed of his past. His future. He couldn’t dismiss those thoughts. Soon, he didn’t enjoy the sum of their distance.

He copied Louis from before, and rolled up his breeches so he could walk in the water beside him. He rolled up the arms of his shirt, so he could –

“Here,” Harry said, scooping his hand through the water, lifting it out. “Told you the stars fall from the sky.”

He didn’t think Louis could display him a more brighter smile.

Attentively, Louis moved his hand toward his, and then flinched. “It moved!”

“Of course.”

“It’s alive. Who would’ve thought?” Louis lifted his gaze, full of wonder and awe to Harry’s. “Who would’ve known a pirate would notice such things as the creatures in the sea?”

Harry tossed the starfish back in the water. He was a bit uncomfortable that he shared this with Louis. He barely slept last night, knowing their time together will soon come to a halt. A permanent one. The final end. He had an insane spark to share the island with Louis, to fool himself that their time wasn’t numbered – that they were normal people, instead who they really were.