Well, Shit

AN
Hello, all my beautiful readers. I'm Braden and before you read this chapter, I just want to announce that I'm returning to uni soon. However, I plan on updating this story every week or two. I'm very particular of my writing and I regularly make edits as I want only the best for you guys. This means I work hard on my drafts and will comb through them to ensure that I feel the story and the characters are well-rounded. I feel that this will be extremely important as this novel progresses. If there's anything I hate, it's a patchwork Wattpad story of cookie-cutter tropes. Now then, back to the story!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shit. Is this dude everywhere?

That was my initial thought as Kelvin made his way across the small reception room behind a short female. All I can do is look down at my feet before he's standing in front. Now, knowing I'm under Kelvin's gaze, the thoughts running through my mind are shortened to just shit...you know, for simplicity. But my internal lamenting is cut short when the short, authoritative woman in a crisp pantsuit looks down at me and begins to introduce herself.

"Hello, Mason, I'm Mrs. Walker. I'm the assistant principal here at St. Albie's" she begins with her hand outstretched for a handshake. Seeing this, I try to quickly move from my chair to meet her greeting. Unfortunately, the bottom of my blazer had somehow become caught in the joint between the arm and body of the heavy chair, causing me to be pulled back as I tried to scramble forward.

Looking away from the two dominating figures in front of me, I try to tear the hem of my blazer out of its prison. It took only two seconds to pull it out but the damage was done. I hear Kelvin let out a slight snicker. I look like an idiot now, I think, knowing my face is as red as can be. Turning my gaze from the chair back up towards Mrs. Walker, I see her sporting a sympathetic smile as she puts her hand back out for another handshake. This time, I successfully manage to do this basic human action without failing. The shake lasts only a few seconds but in that short time, Mrs. Walker crushed three of my fingers, easily. Talk about power.

Taking her hand back, Mrs. Walker continued, "We're so glad to have you join our school, community, and family here at St. Albie's. I know that, based on your transcript, you will most certainly be one of our high-fliers here." Well, at least I've made some impression other than being a clutz. I smile and thank her for her compliment

"Normally, I would show you around the school and to your classes," she starts, "but I have an important meeting with the Principal, Mr. Hemmings, and a few other important people. But don't worry, my son, Kelvin, is going to show you around" she states as she gestures with her hand to the tall, sexy figure behind her. Well, shit. Of course he's the Assistant Principal's son.

It would seem that shit is the word of the day.

I can only nod to this news but my body starts to give away my actual feelings on the matter. Seeing my obvious timidness as I had begun to bounce from foot to foot, Mrs. Walker adds, "I hope that's okay. I promise that my son is very friendly. He was just telling me about you in the hallway. You seemed to have made an impression this morning". I don't know why but something about the way she said that last bit unsettled me. I keep rocking from foot to foot as I stand in place. What kind of impression? What do they know? What are they thinking?

God, see, this is why I hate wolves. They make everything so confusing, always so secretive and vauge. You never have this kind of trouble with vampires. At least they're direct.

"Yes ma'am, that's ok. I understand. Thank you." I mumble quietly, trying desperately to avoid looking over Mrs. Walker's shoulder at her son's face. I sense him looking me over, sizing me up. Between these two, there's a dominating aura in the room that's honestly suffocating. I need to get out of here as fast as I can. Luckily, my wish was granted, because just at that moment, Mrs. Walker extended her arm and looked down at a small wristwatch.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 12, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Forgotten Wolfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें