Chapter 4

When I got home my Mom's car was gone. She should still be at work, hopefully that's where she is at least.

I was starving since I haven't ate in over a day. God what is wrong with me? I forgot to eat yesterday after school and I skipped lunch today to go talk to Terra.

Boy was I hungry. My eyes scanned over the food in the freezer and I grabbed some pizza rolls. Perfect.

Hopefully my mom isn't making dinner because I'm about to eat this entire bag.

I preheated the oven and dragged my school bag upstairs into my room while I waited.

Suddenly I heard giggling from outside my window and a car door slam shut. I curiously walked over and peeked outside.

I clenched my fists at the sight of my mom outside of her car and that loser guy from the other night trailing behind her. What the fuck? Why wasn't she at work?

With an angry scowl on my face I stomped back downstairs to the kitchen and waited for them to come inside.

"Kieran!" My mom called as she walked in the back door.

I waited for her to round the corner and see me in the kitchen. Moments later she did and I stood there with my arms crossed and an angry look on my face.

"So... Is this your 'coworker' or something? Because last time I checked, this is what time you get home from WORK." I snapped and she rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on honey, there is nothing wrong with taking the day off once to have a little recovery day..." She winked at me but I kept a straight face.

Yeah a recovery from your serious hangover.

I looked at her 'friend' that was now coming up behind her.

"So... What did you and your 'friend' do all day? Huh?" I questioned her and she rolled her eyes.

"Kieran I'm being good don't worry."

"A good person wouldn't skip work to hangout with a loser like this fucking guy!" I snapped while gesturing towards the red eyed sack of shit beside her.

"HEY! Watch your mouth Kieran!" She tried to sound authoritative but we both knew she was lousy at being a parent.

"Whatever just go hangout with your friend somewhere else please. I don't want him here." I pleaded and she turned to the guy.

He shrugged which caused her to sigh.

"Fine, we'll go. Don't expect me home tonight." She grumbled before stomping off towards the back door.

"Real mature mom!" I shouted but she ignored me and turned the corner, vanishing from my sight.

"You're supposed to be the fucking PARENT!" I yelled feeling myself lose it as I grabbed a basket full of shit from the counter and threw it as hard as I could across the room.

It loudly hit the wall and a bunch of shit that was inside of it flew everywhere.

The back door slammed. She didn't even care. She doesn't even give a shit about how any of this affects me.

I only care so much because I don't want to see her in a bad place again. I've seen her at rock bottom and I don't want to ever see that again.

After taking a moment to calm down and relax I snatched my phone and called Harry's phone. He picked up after a couple rings.

"Hello?" He answered nonchalantly.

"Hey man, what are you doing tonight?" I asked.

"Just got invited to a party right before you called and I was actually about to call you and see if you wanted to come." He told me and I laughed.