Part 5: Grudge

The ruler of the moon and her two elites were undisturbed in their slumber. The Head Maid and the human were on their way to the chambers. Ace was still sound asleep as Hoku kept him over her shoulder, walking calmly through the dim, white hallways. "Perhaps... Maybe he would be the one who could free us all..." The words came out of her mouth. What could she even mean by what she said? Even she couldn't tell.

Hoku thought hard. Why was he sent to the moon? Why could Ace be a danger to everyone? Could he be the one that would help them all from the inevitable demise? "WELCOME, HEAD MAID HOKU", snapped Hoku out of her thoughts as she nearly bumped into the display which held such words ahead of her. "Perhaps another time. Sleep is of importance now."

Hoku stepped into the room and proceeded to lock the door. Her eyes looked around the dark room, the moonlight through the window barely illuminating it. "Ah, there it is," Hoku spoke as she found the switch nearby her bed, causing the foundation to split into two smaller beds.

Ace mumbled in his sleep. His solemn expression came with longing, the longing to go back to his beloved home, to his healthy life. "That's right... home is home. Let's work hard." Hoku put Ace on the bed with the sheets covering him. She glanced at him briefly, ensuring his posture was healthy before turning around and letting him rest. Heading over to the bathroom to get ready for her bath after a long day. "Ace... what a peculiar name..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chang'e, Chang'e, Chang'e, Chang'e, Chang'e, Chang'e, Chang'e, Chang'e, Chang'e, Chang'e!" "Jun-chan, your mind is wandering off again. We can't let that happen, can we now?~" A deep, lady-like voice interrupted the heartbroken mother's speech in the dark corner of a scarlet room. Former mother, we should say. Her son was long gone, her husband murdered, and what remains? A Lunarian? A god? An entity? No. This woman was beyond living. She was an eternal grudge—an embodiment of pure hate. A calamity that will end all calamities, Junko.

"CHANG'E CHAN-" Once again, Junko was interrupted by her friend's voice. The voice owner embraced Junko from behind, squeezing her with a firm but safe amount of strength as she brushed her cheek, calming the grudge in just mere moments until her eyes and thoughts returned to normal. "Huh... Thank you..." Junko spoke nervously, upset with herself for losing control once again. It wasn't unusual for these occurrences to happen, but Junko hated it nevertheless.

"Jun-chan, we're friends, aren't we? It's normal for me to help you in your time of need. I love helping you and love being helped out by you. You did nothing wrong. I'm right here~" Hecatia Lapizlazuli whispered into Junko's ear, causing her face to flush a bit. Hecatia waved her short hair as she stood up and gripped the violet energy latched onto Junko's back, giving it a firm tug until it broke off and dispersed into thin air. "There we go~ Feeling better, Jun-chan?"

Hecatia was a tall woman with blood-red hair cut short at shoulder length. She wore a black shirt with "Welcome Hell" written. Meanwhile, her skirt was tri-coloured and at knee-length coloured red, blue and green. Her eyes were crimson, matching her hair and fiery personality that she kept hidden for now. Finally, on her head was a little bowl-shaped accessory holding a planet of red. Attached to it was a chain and on the other end of the said chain? A choker with two more chains attached to a replica of the Earth and the moon.

Junko was roughly the same height, but her hair was long and blonde and quite messy. Her eyes matched her friend's, and her clothes consisted of a formal Chinese black dress. The ends of her sleeves and dress had golden linings, and the front had a red section that stretched from her neck to her waist. Meanwhile, she wore a small hat with red and yellow crescents engraved and small black balls hanging from either side.

Junko was panting for a brief moment until she caught her breath, standing up and latching onto her friend. "There there, take it easy. You'll be alright". Hecatia gently brushed the long, messy, blonde hair that belonged to Junko as she held her close to her, comforting her mind and helping her relax. "We will release you from this madness, grudge, curse."

It wasn't long before Hectaia's rant would be cut short by a scream

"MISTRESS HECATIA! MISS FRIEND! IT IS READY!"

A blonde little fairy barged in the room, yelling almost childishly. Clownpiece was thrilled and needless to say, her eyes filled with lunacy. She waved her flaming torch around, sending the red flames in motion to show her excitement. "ITS REA- GUH!" The lunatic screams were silenced with a swift punch to the head by her superior goddess. "Ouchies..." Clownpiece fell to her knees with teary eyes as she held her head in pain.

Clownpiece was a hell fairy and Hecatia's general to her army. She never once disappointed Hecatia despite some setbacks and mistakes in the past. She was in an oversized shirt that covered her body down to her waist and thigh-highs. Both were coloured to match the American flag and the stars for extra detail. She wore a purple jester hat with white spots and three bells on her head.

"We hear you, Piece-chan. It's ready. Finally." Hecatia pulled the little fairy into the hug, squeezing her between the breasts of herself and her friend. "I'm sorry I struck you hard, my darling. I'll go easy next time~" Hecatia apologised and patted the spot where she hit her, immediately easing the pain.

"I-its okay, Mistress...I'll be careful not to interrupt you so loudly next time..." Clownpiece closed her eyes and relaxed; the tears were no longer present as her cheerful, bright manner replaced them. Indeed, this one was a crazy type of brightness, but bright nevertheless.

"You're sure these will work this time? It's a shame they didn't last time. Otherwise, we would have finished this already..." Junko inquired pessimistically. Indeed she was in a hurry to execute her plan. But what a rushed project to one that is ensured to succeed?

"Yea. It will succeed."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Something isn't right... I don't like this..." The Head Maid thought to herself as she wiped her body down in a towel and changed into her nightgown. The white robe tied firmly to her body as she straightened it out.

Hoku was always one for survival instincts. It helped her out a lot in dangerous situations, and this time, it may do so again. But can the same be said for the others? Then again, it was never a matter of if, just when.

She gazed outside the small window nearby and let her mind wander. Her eye patch was slowly being removed until Ace snored. Hoku panicked and quickly pulled her eyepatch down and shook her head. Again? She usually had complete control of herself.

It was too dangerous to stay up any longer. The Head Maid of the Heron Palace had duties and needed to focus. And so, she lay down on the bed and snuggled her little bunny plush until she finally fell asleep, her last words spoken before she did. "Hell..."