❅ PROMISE 2 ❅

"Okay

"Okay...so...why did I agree to do this?" Soobin asked as he slowly walked in, at the same time, trying to take care of a hyper-active Hueningkai who was jumping around in the dark corridors. "Hey, you're not the only one who's confused right now. I just wanted my vanilla ice cream-" Taehyun whined but was cut off by Soobin who has hit his head, mumbling about how lame he was to order vanilla at an ice cream parlour.

"Sigh... let's just hope that one of us doesn't get lost or like gone missing, right?" Soobin sighed. But when Yeonjun was about to just spill some tea with Beomgyu, he noticed that the boy was no longer beside him. "Gyu? Where are you" His words echoed around the empty hall as he tried catching up with the other 3 that was ahead of him. But to no avail, he was all alone, in the empty hallways with creepy paintings staring right at him.

Oh fuck it was making him feel claustrophobic, and during that small mental breakdown, someone tapped him on the back, making him let out a loud shrike and hitting whoever had made contact with him

"Ow hyung...that's what I get for not leaving you alone" Yeonjun looked into the person's eyes noticing that it was just Taehyun. He let out a sigh of relief before letting a small "sorry" slip out from his lips.

"So...where exactly are we..." Taehyun asked as he glides his hand on the portraits that were hanging on the walls. Yeonjun looked around, it was different from when they first walked into the castle. Instead of the blood-red interior at the entrance when they first entered, now it was ice blue, and just like the colour, it was freezing in the small hallway.

"Hyung, there's a room ahead, should we go check it out?" Taehyun grabbed Yeonjun by the wrist as he dragged the yellow-haired boy towards the door at the end of the hallway. Unlike the other interiors, the door was painted black, blending into the bad lighting inside the castle. Honestly, if it wasn't for Taehyun, he probably wouldn't even notice the door.

There were carvings, Yeonjun could feel it as his hands touched the door. Taehyun stood there, staring at the peculiar looking doorknob. It was a chess piece, a King to be exact. Taehyun touched the odd-looking knob and twisted it, causing the floor underneath them to open and them falling into it.

It felt like ages before they hit a soft ground after god knows how long of falling. Both boys sat up, looking around to give them any clue about their whereabouts. But all the room had was a cushion and a mirror.

Instinctively, they stood up and walked toward the mirror. The frame was made of gold and the designs around it was intricate. It was nothing like a normal mirror, the surface is made out of diamonds. Looking into the mirror, they noticed something, words...

The words on the mirror started getting clearer and clearer as they looked. It was messy but luckily they were still able to understand it.

"Gosh, whoever wrote this needs to attend handwriting lessons man..." Taehyun muttered as he squinted his eyes trying to read as much as he could.

"He is not as he seems..." Yeonjun read of the surface, looking at Taehyun worriedly. Hearing Yeonjun, Taehyun also quickly turned towards the latter. Both males staring at each other, both in worry and suspicion.

"Okay, we'll just get it clear. The mirror shouldn't be talking bout one of us right...cause it would be really suspicious if it's us." Yeonjun rubbed his temples as he tried to clear his head. "Maybe it's one of the other 3, they're not here right...so maybe, they have a secret mission or something. If not, why would we have split up." Taehyun snapped his fingers as he seems to have been catching onto something.

"Hm...seems correct. But whatever it is, we should trust each other for now right...after all, it's just the 2 of us and if any of us gets into something before we find the other 3, we could help each other. Deal?" Yeonjun told the younger, bringing his arm up for a handshake. Taehyun eyed him suspiciously before reluctantly shaking his hands with Yeonjun.

"Fine deal"