37 - I LIKE ME BETTER

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"WHAT DO YOU THINK SPIDER-MAN WOULD WANT FOR CHRISTMAS?" Alissa heard Brian ask Nate as they walked around the mall. It was early on Saturday, the Caverly family having headed to the mall for some last minute shopping. Despite the warning for a blizzard the day before, barely any snow had fallen, which Alissa was happy about. She only had just a few more things she needed to get for her friends and Peter. She still managed to keep her presents for her family hidden and away from her snooping brothers, even adding a few more over the last few days. Her parents were all done, but Alissa wasn't too sure about her brothers.

"I'm not really sure," Nate answered, his bright eyes flickering to his boyfriend. "If you knew him, do you think you'd get him anything?"

Brian shrugged as he thought for a moment. "I don't know. Maybe? But it's not like I actually know him, but that would be really cool," he said, glancing into the window of a store he was walking by. He stopped in his tracks, facing behind him. "Hey, Al, do you like that shirt?"

Alissa headed over to Brian and Nate, raising a brow as he pointed at a mannequin wearing a neon pink sequin shirt. She sighed, placing her hands on her hips as she peered down at him, stealing a glance at Nate.

"He hasn't gotten me anything yet, has he?" She asked Nate. The boy shook his head, making her laugh while Brian sent him a dark glare. Alissa patted Brian's shoulder and then his back to get him to keep walking. Carter was straggling behind with Liz, the two of them pointing at all of the disoriented mannequins, the two of them pausing every once in a while to try and mimic the unnatural poses. Scott and Kelli were also there, but they were just walking around, enjoying their free time with one another as they hadn't had much time just to enjoy the others company. "It's okay," Alissa said, her hands resting in her coat pockets. "I'm sure we'll find something today."

"But I don't want you to know what I got you," Brian frowned. "If you pick it out, that just takes the whole meaning."

Alissa lightly laughed, her eyes glancing at Brian and Nate. They decided against holding hands, not wanting to get harassed on while they were trying to enjoy the trip to the mall. Alissa tried telling them what other people thought didn't matter, and they agreed, but they figured it would just be easier.

"How about I tell you some stores I like and my sizes," Alissa offered. Brian paused for a moment, thinking. Alissa let out a laugh, running a hand through her hair. "Maybe Carter and Liz can take you to them and help you pick me out something, then."

Finally, Brian nodded. "Okay."

Just as Alissa was about to call out to Carter and Liz, her eyes fell on Peter and May. The girl grinned, eyes sticking to Peter like glue. Feeling the odd sensation of someone staring, Peter turned, doing a double take when he saw Alissa. A grin immediately came to his face, his hands swinging to his back to hide the bag he had swinging at his side seconds ago. May jumped at the action, going to question her nephew until she followed his gaze and saw Alissa. The girl lifted her hand, offering a small wave, both Brian and Nate doing the same.