40 - TWO YOUNG HEARTS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"—HAS BEEN HANDLED AND THOSE THAT WERE INVOLVED ARE OKAY AND ARE ALREADY ON THEIR WAY TO A FULL AND COMPLETE RECOVERY," a firm yet soft voice said on the that was placed TV across the room, a soft smile on the man's face as he cleared his throat and nodded. "The families involved would like to be left alone as well, so, give them the privacy they all deserve in this time. Thank you."

A few more reporters tried to get their questions out to Tony Stark, but the man took a step back and quickly waved to the group of reporters before joining Pepper Potts and interlocking their hands as they slipped out of the door and out of the press conference. The TV returned to the scheduled news program, a soft sigh escaping Alissa's lips as the TV was turned off and silence filled the room.

"Be honest with me, how was it?"

Alissa twisted around, kindly smiling at Tony Stark. "You did really great, Mr. Stark," she honestly told him. The man grinned in relief, his eyes briefly flickering to the glass door of the lab room Alissa was seated in at the one and only Avengers Tower, her own gaze following his to see Pepper walking past with Carter, offering them a kind smile and a wink as she passed by with the young boy beside her; the conference that told every citizen of New York that they could finally rest easy with the confirmed death of Electro, and that Spider-Man had been the one to save the day, making sure to leave out any actual names that were involved in the matter. "Thank you for not for not including my family and I in this whole mess, sir. I really appreciate it."

Tony softly smiled, his eyes peering at her as he leaned against a counter in front of the bed Alissa was sat on with her lazily legs dangling over the ledge. "Of course, Ms. Caverly. I'm just glad you're all okay. You're brother seemed like he was ready to explode when I arrived."

Alissa snorted out a laugh, glancing to her fiddling fingers. A few hours ago, Spider-Man (and Alissa and Carter) defeated Electro, resorting to jumping into an ice cold pool before they were injured anymore in the blast of Electro. Luckily, they didn't have any trouble getting out with Peter doing most of the work in pulling both Caverlys out within a minute. But when they were all out, their lungs began to burn and the deafening silence made them look up only to see that Carter's room had blown up in Electro's blast, and fire was beginning to eat the house inside and out.

Peter went to try and put it out, but Alissa's hand stopped him when seeing Iron Man flying over, putting the fire out with his hands before he dropped down in front of the three teens. A few others arrived on scene, the three having no idea who they were, but they were all thankful for it as they handed them each a blanket and led them to a van parked out front. A few familiar faces were around, but Alissa wasn't paying too much attention to them to realize. She was mainly focusing on trying to get her body temperature to rise again while her ears attempted to silence Carter's constant complaining of how his nether regions were freezing and he could no longer feel them or his legs. Having heard that, Peter made sure to step aside and out of Carter's sight as his suit warmer turned on, already making him feel better.