33 - CLOSING TIME

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

RAIN AND SNOW THREATENED NEW YORK CITY. Snow from the previous day had already melted away and the sun peaked over tall skyscrapers that were spread throughout the expansive city. Not too many people still walked through the cold and windy streets, but there were a few more than unusual, Alissa being one of them.

Carter had to pick up Flash that morning, saying they had to do something with Liz and the Decathlon team. She didn't know why Carter had to be there, but she went with it, not questioning it any further. Brian was walking with her, a white polo on and a blue sweater thrown over it.

Alissa nor Carter had questioned Brian about the other day with Nate due to the fact he hadn't said anything, and if it didn't go too well, they didn't want to remind him of it. He seemed to be okay for the most part, cracking jokes and doing what middle school boys did with a big grin on his face; it was the complete opposite of Alissa. Much like the sky that was becoming more gray as the early hours of the morning passed and the sunshine disappeared more and more, so did her smile.

Finding out the truth of Peter was still fresh in her mind as it had happened the night before. She'd barely slept, thoughts plagued with Peter and Spider-Man throughout the entirety of the night. It took her almost an hour just to pluck herself from the kitchen counter and bring herself back to her bedroom. She half-assed the last sentence of her English essay that she'd been working on, not even sure if it made sense. Quite frankly, she didn't care.

She could only think about Peter being Spider-Man.

"Did you hear about the internship?" Alissa snapped out of her thoughts and looked to Brian, confusion written on her pale features. He took that as a no. "For Peter. He got an internship with Iron Man. Isn't that great?"

Alissa faced the sidewalk, not looking as enthusiastic as Brian expected. "Good for him."

"Woah, what happened?" Brian immediately asked. Typically, she was ecstatic so long as the topic was Peter. She could go one for hours about him, but she could gave cared less to talk about him, and that was worrisome to her little brother. "Did he hurt you or something? Did he—"

"Nothing, B, he didn't do anything," Alissa hastily answered, her lips downturned and arms folded over her chest, partially from the cold that sent chills down her arms. Brian only raised a brow. Something happened between her and Peter, and he was going to figure it out.

"Okay, well, since Peter's clearly a sour subject for you today"—Alissa sent him a nasty glare that had him raising his hands in surrender—"I, uh, I asked out Nate."

Alissa halted, a smile coming to her lips. She may not have been in a good mood, but she would be for her brother.

"And?" She asked, zipping up her coat some more when she felt the wind bite at her exposed neck. She tightened her scarf around her neck, offering a soft smile to Brian. "How'd it go?"