32 - BAD LIAR

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

TIME WAS THE MOST PRECIOUS ELEMENT OF LIFE THAT SOME PEOPLE TENDED TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WITHOUT REALIZING IT. Alissa tried to be on time for most things, having to put reminders in her phone and set alarms to make sure she didn't forget. Surprisingly, Carter managed his time well, but he normally chose just to skip certain events so he could attend another one that was more exhilarating. Brian was absolutely horrible at it, often needing someone else to set reminders for so he wasn't late for hockey practice or so he didn't forget to finish a project for school. Scott and Kelli were fairly good at it when they weren't being consumed with their work, and with them being home more often, they were spending more time with kids.

Alissa had managed to finish her exams for the day with 80's and better, and tomorrow would be the final set with geometry being the last one. It would be the ultimate test to see if she actually improved, or if she just got lucky. All of her friends were certain she would do exceptional as she tended to do, Gwen and Mary Jane promising to help her shop for Christmas presents that she had yet to get.

Christmas.

She still couldn't believe how close the holiday was. It seemed like just yesterday she was watching fireworks from Harry's house with her friends, stealing glances to the side to see the awe upon Peter's face as he watched the sky light up in vibrant colors. Just the thought of the memory brought a smile to her face, a sigh coming to her lips as she looked out the window, the front year being, once again, covered in snow.

Expensive Christmas lights were strung around the roof and the lush trees out front, just waiting for night so they could shine bright. A few light up deers and presents were set up around the tree as if the deer had gotten presents for the others, and off to the side was a waterfall hanging down from Alissa's window that would glow blue as it reached the small pond Brian had made with lights. Luckily, the snow was melting, so at night, they would be able to be seen by anyone would passed by the home.

Alissa softly sighed, tilting her head and resting it on her hand, thinking about just how many days there actually was until Christmas was upon them.

She already got most of her presents for her family and had them semi nicely wrapped, having to hide them in the attic since Carter and Brian always snooped around to try and guess what their present was before they even opened them. There were a few funny ones she'd bought, knowing that they would like it and find it just as humorous as she had. A few presents for her were placed under their colorful and white tree in the living room, as were some for her brothers. She already knew they were from her parents, and that put a sweet smile on her face each time she saw them, happy that she'd already purchased theirs as well. She still had to buy some more for all of her family, but she also had to buy for her friends as she had yet to do that.

A soft knock came to her door, making her turn her head to see her father in the doorway. He had his glasses on, his hair flat a top his head. Some scruffle was on his face, a few gray ones peaking out. He wore a purple long sleeve with a Bear clutching a hockey sick in the middle, the name of the Midtown Middle School's hockey team right above it in bold letters. Alissa smiled, turning to face her father.