EPILOGUE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

11:56 PM DECEMBER 31ST,
OSBORN PENTHOUSE, MANHATTAN

LIGHTS FROM BUILDINGS DANCED ACROSS THE NIGHT SKY. People of all ages and ethnicities crowded the lively streets of New York. Shops were closed and instead, parties were being thrown with wine and sparkly party hats. Loudness was around every corner, voices and music filling the empty silence that would've been there if it was just another ordinary day, but it wasn't. It was New Year's Eve, and the entire city was waiting for the new year to begin so they could have a fresh start once again to redeem themselves or have another chance to do better as a new person with a new year. So much joy had flowed into everyone with the passing of Christmas, and even more appeared as New York got ready for the world famous Ball Drop.

Celebrity after celebrity appeared on Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve, singing their latest hits or stopping by for a quick interview. The giant Time Square ball had moved more, increasing the energy and activity of the city within miles of the exciting event that was crowded with warm bodies in the light snow. Snow hadn't been around since Christmas when it gifted Queens with a white Christmas, but it was obvious it was planning to make its decent into the new year with everyone else.

And from the tall glass window Alissa was standing by, shadows casting across her face, she could see the ball drop. Fireworks were constantly dousing the darkened sky in colors despite the wetness of the snow. No one was going to let the snow keep them from divulging into 2017 the best way they knew how.

"You know, the party's in the other room," a soft voice said, emitting a laugh from Alissa. Gwen appeared beside her, a glass of water in her hand. As much as she had a desire to drink and party like the other teens that constantly didn't it during Harry's well known parties, she couldn't. Mary Jane had already found her way to a liquor cabinet, wanting to feel something just a little more. Alissa had stuck to the punch, but quickly ditched the idea after she saw someone pouring liquor into it. "But. . .this is beautiful. Very beautiful."

Alissa breathed out in content, nodding in agreement. A loud boom echoed in the sky before them, red and blue sparking up in the shape of a spider. "Ah, I see they made some Spider-Man fireworks," she said, giggling. "Maybe he was added in to the Avenger ones, too."

Gwens eyes were clouded with something  as she stared at the grin on Alissa's face. "For the longest time, you hated Spider-Man," Gwen noted, sipping on her water. Alissa turned away, looking back out the window while the blonde continued. "You always kinda liked Iron Man, but just recently you started to like Spider-Man. Why is that exactly?"

Alissa puffed out her cheeks, pursing her lips in thought. "He's a hero, Gwen. A-And I need to open my mind to new things, and that includes all superheroes, especially ones that save my brother," she answered, biting back a wider smile.