5 - LEISURE TIME

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

IT WAS SATURDAY, MEANING IT WAS A FREE DAY. Alissa had absolutely nothing planned for the day, normally waiting until Sunday to complete any homework assignments she might've had left to finish, but luckily, she already had it all completed and turned in. She was almost home alone with Brian at a friend's down in Brooklyn for the weekend and Carter locked away in his bedroom with Flash which basically left her with the house all to herself; they had strict orders to be left alone. She'd tried going in there earlier, but when she heard the sound of the two shouting, she silently backed away and headed to the living room, knowing she didn't want to bother them in the middle of their video game session.

She still wasn't sure how they made up, but considering they were no longer using her as a beacon to be hateful towards one another, she wasn't going to question it. Whatever had happened, she was grateful that of made them make up.

A pair of red Beats Headphones were tucked over her ears, her hair displayed around her face in a causal manner. A small box of Sour Patch Kids rested in her hands, and it was a relaxing sensation that she hadn't felt in a while. She contently ate the sour candy, scrunching her face every few times when a piece was more sour than the last one. However, it only made her day better.

It was one of the first days she that had nothing to do and no one pestering her to get it done; the fact that neither of her parents were home could deter her happy mood. She did want to spend it with her friends, but most of the were busy, all having already made plans for the warm and sunny day that reigned over New York.

But honestly, that didn't bother Alissa all too much.

Peter was with Harry, having a weekend getaway somewhere a litter farther away from Norman Osborn who was much too busy to be around his one and only son. Gwen was at an exciting police conference with her father in Chicago, sending constant selfies to keep her friends up to date on what she was doing while away. Mary Jane was down at the high school with Ned Leeds whom she'd roped into holding cast auditions for the upcoming school play.

Alissa thought about meeting Mary Jane and Ned after they were done with auditions, but decided against it to have a little time just to herself. It wasn't often she could simply lounge around the house, having not a single homework assignment to do or any sports game to attend, nor did she have to worry about cleaning the house in order for a friend to come over (she didn't do that too often, but still).

She could do absolutely nothing and not feel the slightest bit guilty about it.

Alissa scooped her phone off the arm rest of the couch, skipping to a song by some girl named Zendaya. She listened to the first few lyrics of her song called Replay, nodding along to the beat and letting it continue. She skimmed through her text messages, opting to ignore the ones from both of her parents which were asking how she was doing. She popped a few more sour patch kids into her mouth, smiling at the sour yet sweet taste that danced across her taste buds. That was when she finally noticed a text from Peter, her lips already tugging upwards into a grin.