24 - STICKY PLAN

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

ALISSA WANTED TO FORGET ALL ABOUT THE MOVIES. Everything about that day screamed pure disaster to her, but she still went along, having hopes that maybe something would have happened along the way. And though something did happen, it wasn't anything like what Alissa, and her friends, were hoping for. It was the complete opposite. But rather than thinking back to it and cringing at her own embarrassment and misfortune, she forgot all about and began focusing on school again.

There was only two weeks left until Christmas Break and students were raking their brains to gather everything they learned that semester before their final exams came upon them. Study groups were made as well as tutoring sessions that were offered each day, helping students that were in dire need of raising their grades in order to pass their classes. Alissa considered taking up a tutoring session just so she made sure she knew what she was doing, but she decided against it, not wanting to end up looking like a fool incase she didn't know what she was doing. Although, maybe if a certain someone was to offer to help. . .

"Hey, Alissa!" Alissa turned her head, peering back into the hall to find Liz jogging towards her. The girl had a bright smile on her face, that usual shine in her eyes that made everyone adore her. When she reached Alissa, she handed the girl a flyer. "I'm having a party on the 20th. I promise, it's not going to be like the last two." Alissa let out a little laugh at that, accepting the pink paper. "Maybe you and Peter could come?"

Alissa raised a brow at the sly smile that was appearing on the juniors face. "M-Me and Peter?"

"Yeah, I think you guys would enjoy it," Liz said, taking a step to the side. Alissa bit her lip as she read over the flyer, letting out a sigh. Liz gently touched Alissa's shoulder, tilting her head to the side. "Just think about it, okay?"

"Okay," Alissa nodded, sucking in a breath. "Okay."

° ° °

"You're late."

Alissa halted, sending Harry a surprised look that had the blond beauty chuckling. "How did you—"

"He was helping me practice my lines for the play," Mary Jane said, coming to the boys defense. "He's been helping me every day rehearse since someone refused to help me."

Alissa scoffed, sinking into the empty seat beside Gwen. "Hey, I've been busy, okay?" Alissa defensively said. "B's had a lot of games and our parents. . .it's been hectic, give me a break."

"She's just salty because she's not the lead," Gwen teased. Mary Jane rolled her eyes. "MJ's the understudy."

Alissa snatched out her notebooks from her bag, her eyes skimming over the books in the school library before they landed back on Mary Jane. "Wait," Alissa frowned, "What's the play again?"