11 - PENIS PARKER

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

LOVE WAS A SPECIAL KIND OF THING IN SUCH A DARK WORLD. Not many people could say that they got to marry their high school sweetheart or that they both knew they were in love from the moment they bumped into each other in a coffee shop. Love swarmed the entire globe, many people doing anything to show their love for the one they loved the most. It also made people so crazy things, and maybe that was how Alissa had found herself stood in front of Peter's apartment after he ran off from the field trip, gripping his hand.

However, before she could go up to his apartment and check on him, she received a text from him.

FROM: PETER 💙💛
TO: ALISSA 🦋
I'm fine, don't worry about me.

Alissa frowned at the text, stealing a glance up at the closed windows. Not a single one was opened nor was there anyone lingering out on the fire escape, enjoying the warm air of the afternoon.

She couldn't help but wonder if he had spotted her from his bedroom window but didn't want to say it.

FROM: ALISSA 🦋
TO: PETER 💙💛
Are you sure? You seemed pretty shaken up. Were you hurt? Do you want me to come over?

Peter instantly replied, and Alissa's heart fell.

FROM: PETER 💙💛
TO: ALISSA 🦋
No, don't. I'm fine, okay? Have fun at the rest of the field trip for me.

That was the end of that conversation no matter how many times Alissa fought back the urge to text him back at least one last time. So, she reluctantly left after sending a brief text to Aunt May and Uncle Ben, explaining that Peter had gotten sick during the trip and had to go home early. Peter didn't learn about it until they got home, his aunt and uncle worried for their nephew who was supposedly sick. Peter was grateful for her excuse as he didn't want them knowing he just ran pff, but he didn't say anything to Alissa as he had fallen asleep right after they got home.

When Alissa finally made it home—an hour before the field trip would end—she stopped in the doorway of the kitchen when she spotted a table full of Chinese takeout and a note from her mother stuck to the crab rangoon bag. A text was also received from her mother, assuring her that her teachers knew she went to find Peter and that she wouldn't be getting in trouble for it. She let out a sigh of relief, instantly digging into the food, thoughts coming back to Peter more than before, if that was even possible.

Little did she know, that day would be the start of something else, something she wasn't—and probably wouldn't ever be—ready to face when it swung into her sights.

° ° °

It was the day after the field trip and Peter wasn't at school for their first hour, nor did he come in late like Alissa had been hoping for. She wasn't even sure if he would be showing up that dreary day, wondering if he would want to try and recover from what had happened at the field trip with Aunt May most likely calling him in sick for the entire day.