39 - TO BE A HERO

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"—CAPTAIN AMERICAN IN MY BASEMENT, I SWEAR ON MY SISTERS CATS LIFE." Alissa's face scrunched together in confusion and slight fear, quickly backing up to stand in front of the door leading to the basement, her head poking in to hear the conversation that was going on. "He wasn't in his suit or anything, but why would he be? He's still in hiding, and I doubt he wanted anyone to find him, but I did."

"No way," Nate's voice came next, sounding disapproving. "Captain America was not in your basement. He's probably in Switzerland or something, not New York," the boy said, shaking his head.

Xavier gaped, turning to his best friend in hopes of him siding with him. Instead, he saw Brian playing a Buzzfeed quiz—Which Avenger Are You?—rather than listening to Xavier and Nate bicker back and forth about whether or not the infamous Captain America was hiding out in the Michaels' home just two streets over from their own two nights ago.

"Dude," Xavier swatted Brian's phone out of his hands, the device thudding against the floor at his feet. Alissa winced at the sound, awaiting Brian's reaction.

Brian let out a screeching sound only seconds afterwards, quickly picking up his phone and smacking Xavier's neck in the process, the boy frowning at the stinging sensation in his neck.

"Dude," Brian bitterly mimicked, glowering at the curly haired boy across from him. Alissa held back a laugh, taking a few steps down into the depths of the basement and sitting on the stairs, still undetected by the three boys. "What the hell was that for?"

Nate sighed, rolling his eyes. "He's upset you're not taking his side," he informed his boyfriend. "He just knows you're gonna side with me, your loving and wonderful boy—"

"I'm not taking either side. If it was Spider-Man, then maybe I would, but it's not, so, I don't really care," Brian honestly said, ignoring the offended looks that washed over Xavier and Nate's faces at the harsh truth of his words. Alissa swallowed back a laugh, laying her head on her hand.

"What about Spider-Man?" Peter's voice suddenly sounded, making Alissa jump. Peter quickly rushed down the stairs as he thought she was gonna fall, but her feet stayed planted, her eyes and lips widening with how close he suddenly was to her. His breath fanned her face, her breath catching in her throat.

She hated the fact that he still made her feel breathless.

Peter smirked at her reaction, gazing down at her.

"Get a room," Xavier gagged, interrupting the couple and sticking his finger to his tongue to show his distaste. He quickly stopped and scrunched at the taste of his finger, not wanting to know what it was he was exactly tasting. Nate grimaced as well, but didn't say anything as his body scooted closer to Brian.