10 - FIELD TRIP

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"I GOTTA USE THE BATHROOM."

Alissa curled around in the uncomfortable seat she was sitting in on the bus, gaping at Abraham who was holding his hand up in the air, a sheepish expression on his face at his loud announcement than was heard by more people than he intended for. The students on the bus dramatically groaned, all glowering at the dark skinned boy. Alissa simply giggled, shaking her head in amusement before turning back around in her seat.

Abraham let a small smile come to his face, lightly shrugging. "When you gotta go, you gotta go!" He defensively
exclaimed, eyes flickering around at the faces that gazed back at him.

"We just left the school," Mr. Harrington pointedly stated, leaning on his seat to face behind him. Ms Warren was in the seat across from him, shaking her head from side to side as she graded their essays on their way to New York Hall of Science for the field trip. "Can't you hold it until we get there?"

Abraham glumly sighed. "I can try," he replied, his smile widening.

Mr. Harrington nodded at the boy's response and sank back down in the seat, hands carefully folded in his lap. He opened his mouth as he turned to his fellow co-worker to speak with her, but Ms. Warren gave him a sharp look with her dark eyes that told him to leave her the hell alone. So, he opted to talk to the female bus driver, the adorablely pudgy woman softly sighing as the middle aged man began to tell her how he fell in love with his estranged wife.

Alissa raised a brow as she glanced back at Abraham one last time, the boy grinning back. Peter was a few seats behind her with Ned Leeds beside him, Carter in very back of the yellow bus with Flash and a few other Decathlon Team Members, one being Liz Allan who was at the center of attention amongst their current topic of their conversation.

"I think your brother might like Liz." Alissa turned to the voice, realizing that it was Cindy Moon, a dark haired girl with pretty brown eyes and tanned skin. Alissa stole a glance back at her brother, his eyes completely locked on Liz as she gushed about the school play she was going to be in. Mary Jane was sat with the girl as well, having assigned Liz to help her with the okay to relieve Ned of his duties as he absolutely hated it. Alissa didn't really blame him either; Mary Jane could become a little angry when things didn't go according to plan.

Alissa smiled, eyes flickering back to the dark haired girl across from her.

"Oh, please," Gwen piped in from beside Alissa, her long, blonde hair pulled back into a tight ballerina bun. Her makeup was a little darker than usual, but she still looked as beautiful as ever.

The three girls continued to gaze at Carter, giggling together when he caught them staring and waved them off.

"He's an idiot," Gwen chuckled. "He likes football too much to pay any attention to girls, anyways."