~Chapter 3~ | Runaway Girlfriend

Ryllian yawned loudly, catching a few looks from the other people in the library. She scanned over her book, trying to memorize a few formulas for chemistry. She pulled off a pen cap with her teeth and jotted down a formula and a few notes on it, before yawning again. 

She nearly dropped the pen cap, but she caught it and re-covered the pen, only to look up and see Evie jogging up to her as fast as she could in her heels.

Ryllian waved sharply, "Hey, Eve. I was wondering where you were." She jotted something down again, but looked up when Evie didn't say anything.

"E? What's up?"

She took one good look at her friend, who was struggling to keep tears out of her eyes. Her cheeks were red and her vibrant blue eyes were filled with worry. 

She tossed down a piece of paper in front of Ryllian, who looked at Evie worriedly. She looked down and read the note, and her fists turned white the further she read.

Evie,

I don't belong here. I'm so sorry.

-M

Ryllian looked up at Evie, who held a small, golden object in her hand. Ryllian grabbed a hold of it and gasped, looking up at her blue-haired friend with wide eyes.

"Ben's ring." Ryllian sighed out with wide eyes, her hands balling into fists. "Mal's gone back to the Isle?" Her eyes clouded slightly, anger boiling beneath her skin. The only person that could have pushed Mal to leave is Ben, even if it wasn't intentional.

Evie nodded quickly, her expression almost breaking Ryllian's heart. "Ryl, we have to tell Ben. If she did go back to the Isle, then he needs to know. Maybe we can convince him to bring her back."

Ryllian frowned. "Let's go."

___________________________________________________________________

Ryllian and Evie rushed though the the halls, the serene silence broken by two pairs of heeled footsteps. They reached Ben's door, and heard his voice speaking behind it, albeit it was muffled. Evie knocked politely, and Ryllian gave her an impatient look. 

She opened the door without waiting for an invitation and she stepped in, Evie close in tow.

"Ben?" Evie asked quietly. Ben, who was at his writing desk, looked up, and grinned broadly when he saw the two girls standing by the door to his office.

"Evie? Ryllian? Come on in," he smiled and gestured for the girls to come in. Evie obeyed, while Ryllian remained by the door, leaning against the wall.

"Ben..." Evie started slowly, causing Ben's expression to fall slightly.

"Evie?" he asked. "Is something the matter." Ryllian scoffed loudly, drawing the two royals' attention. Ben looked at her confusedly.

 "Yeah, something is definitely the matter," she said. She pushed herself off the wall looking directly at Ben, and slammed his office door loudly.

"Mal's gone back to the Isle," Ryllian stated bluntly, earning a look from Evie. Ryllian ignored her, strutted forwards, and slapped the note down onto his desk.

Ben's eyes widened, his whole expression dropping as he read it, "W-what?"

"You heard me. Mal's gone back to the Isle," she snarled. "And I'm bettin' that you had something to do with it."

"Ryllian!" Evie scolded loudly. She turned to the distraught king and delicately handed him the ring. "I'm so sorry, Ben. I-"

Ben slumped down into his chair and cut her off with a raised hand, "No. No, she's right. This is my fault. This is my fault."