•TWENTY FOUR•

May the best win

Quinn and Stephen attend Davidson college both there with basketball scholarships
They have classes together but have never really talked even though there are many stolen glances between the two during school.

It is no secret Stephen has liked Quinn for a while but he has never acted on his feelings as Quinn is very focused on basketball which interests him like Stephen Quinn is the captain of the team and increasingly talented a stand out player even, Stephen is not the first guy interested in her but he hopes to be the only guy she returns that interest to.

In hopes to get closer to her, Stephen suggested to the coach boys vs girls basketball scrimmage today and to his shock, the coaches agreed with the idea they thought it would be a good way to keep their players sharp and help level them up as Stephen just saw it as a way to get closer to the girl he's been interested in since the day he got to school.

Before class started Stephen sat with some of his teammates celebrating his successful plan everybody was impressed that he pulled it off unexpectedly. The scrimmage turned out to be a big thing a lot of students were excited to witness both teams go head to head it ended up turning into a game at night instead parents and friends could attend like it was an actual conference game which not only added excitement but anxiety.

T H A T N I G H T***

Stephen and Quinn were both in their separate locker rooms getting ready for the game, both teams got to wear their original uniforms for the game which added even more excitement to the game for all players.

Once they were on the court and positioning for jump ball Stephen and Quinn were side by side since they were both shorter players for their teams Stephen decided to use this time to work on getting his date with Quinn.

"Are we gonna bet on this game?" Stephen asked curiously.

"What's your bet curry?"

This was a new moment for Stephen as he hardly ever heard Quinn talk he almost got too distracted smiling to answer her.

"If the boy's win I get to take you on a date?"

"And when the girls beat you?"

"I haven't thought about that I try to focus on the positive."

Quinn playfully rolled her eyes at Stephen.

"We'll see"

She smiled before getting ready for the ball.

The game started off strong with girls getting possession first.
Quinn -being point guard- brought the ball up while her teammates set up.

This was no new territory for Quinn and it was obvious as she started yelling out plays and taking control of the court like a point guard should.
Stephen called out her number informing his teammates he would guard her, she smirked hearing him call on her.
She stared Stephen in the eyes while dribbling almost letting him know he's about to get crossed.
Quinn quickly faked left and then went right earning herself an easy layup while Stephen stood there in shock realizing what he was dealing with.

It was intense through the whole game never a moment the fans weren't on their feet waiting to see what happened. Stephen and Quinn both took it very seriously still having fun of course but both players wanted to do their absolute best.

At the half time, Stephen went over to the girl's bench and complimented his opponent though he still had two quarters to go he was incredibly impressed with Quinn's skills on the court he respected her as a player.
It has always been talks around the school that Quinn is the best player on the team there was no doubt about it but he didn't understand just how great she was.
Quinn returned the compliment before going to shoot around with the rest of her team.

After two more intense quarters, the boy's team fell short by 10 points and had to hand a victory over to the girls.

Stephen walked over to Quinn while she was celebrating her win with her teammates.

He put his hand out for a handshake.
"Well done congratulations."

"Thank you very much." She shook his hand
"You played well... but not as good as me" she teased.

Stephen just laughed before he turned to walk away from the happy team.

"Hey, curry!" He turned ag the mention of his name.

"We could probably still figure something out for you." Her smirk mixed with her wink made Stephen smiled at her.