Chapter 3~ISLAM

*ISLAM*
Introduction
Islam(الاسلام) is an Arabic word. Its literal meaning is to obey, surrender and tread the path of peace, etc. In usual practice it means obedience to the commands of Allah and His Rasul (Sm.)

In the terminology of the Islamic Shariat, Islam means sincere belief in Allah the Most High, complete surrender to Him, spontaneous allegiance to His commands and prohibitions and lead one's life according to His commandments as practiced and demonstrated by Hazrat Muhammad (Sm).

The holy Prophet (Sm.) beautifully depicts Islam in this way, He says-
"Islam is you will testify that there is none worthy of worship besides Allah and Muhammad (Sm.) is Allah's Messenger. Then you will say your prayers, offer alms, fast during the Ramadan and perform Hajj at the House of Allah if your means support."(Bukhari and Muslim)

Allah, the Most High has sent many commands- positive and negative, numerous rules and regulations in all ages. These were provided as code of conduct (Shariat). The final and perfect shape of Shariat is Islam. It is the final and best prescription for mankind. Allah, the Most High says-
"Surely, to Allah the only code of life for mankind is Islam."(Sura Al-i-Imran,Verse 19)

So Islam is the religion acceptable to Allah the Most  High and one who leads his life according to Islam is called a Muslim or Musalman.

*ROLE OF ISLAM*
Islam is the revealed religion or way of life commanded by Allah the Most High. It is a special bounty of Allah the Most High for mankind. It is a complete code of life. The perfect solutions of all matters and problems pertaining to man's life on earth have been provided in it.Allah the Most High says:
''Today have we perfected for you,your religion and completed our bounty upon you and have chosen for you Islam as a code of conduct.''(Sura Al-Maida,Verse:3)

The full guidance on all matters for man from his birth to death exists in Islam. All  personal,family,social,cultural,economic,political and international issues have been accurately described in Islam. Even the description of life after death or Hereafter is provided in Islam. So,for a disciplined and graceful life, there is no alternative to Islam.

The word 'Islam' is derived from the root 'Silmun'(سلم) which means peace. Islam leads man to the road to peace. Man may enjoy a perfect and peaceful life both here and the hereafter by following the laws and regulations of Islam. So, Islam is called the 'Religion of peace'.

Islam is a universal religion. It is not confined to any particular age,region or place. Most other religions have been named after their founder or preacher or follower or nation. But being a universal religion Islam has not been so named. Rather it has been named Islam so that mankind may peacefully lead their lives with allegiance to Allah and His Messenger(Sm.).

*IMPORTANCE OF ISLAMIC LEARNING*

Learning about Islam means knowing about Islam. The materialization of anything presupposes its foreknowledge. For example, to learn swimming one has got to know what swimming is, how to swim, etc. Driving a vehicle presupposes the knowledge about that vehicle itself and the technique of driving. Similarly to lead life according to Islam presupposes the knowledge. And this can be acquired through Islamic learning.

By knowing Islam we learn how to worship and obey Allah the Most High. We can know how to conduct our day-to-day affairs. We can practice such virtues as honesty, justice, mercy, forgiveness, humanity, gentleness etc. We can attain noble character through for saking vices like greed, hatred, falsehood and pride, a back- biting. We can acquire necessary knowledge for building up the society on the principles of  equality, friendship, fraternity, tolerance, patience, fortitude, mutual co-operation, sympathy, etc . We can also learn how to attain paradise and redemption from hell in our next life.
                                             ♡AMEEN🤲🏻☆