Chapter Six

Avery woke up feeling groggy. She had passed out in Jonathans room with Steve. Steve was deadweight on top of her and she pushed him to the floor waking him up. Jonathan was already awake laughing at the two argue about pointless stuff.
He woke up early like always and got ready, He wore jeans, a white shirt and a denim jacket. He ran a comb though his hair and put on his shoes. He had made breakfast for everyone and most of them had eaten.
He knew that Avery didn't eat much. Steve ate anything she left behind but not after making sure that she was not going to eat it.
Joyce was begininng to get worried about Avery. She had noticed how skinny she had become and how she rarley smiled when the boys were not around. She spent most of her time working at the diner now and hanging by herself.
Steve spent most of his days working at Scoops Ahoy with his new friend Robin. Nancy had left for College and returned on weekends and holidays. She tried to get with Jonathan and to win him back but Avery had put a stop to it as soon as she saw what was happening.
Nancy got into a fight with Avery and now hates her. Nancy has noticed however how unwell Avery looks and hid her concern.
Billy Hargrove had took up a job as a lifegaurd. He often visited Avery at the diner when she was working and paid tips whenever she was his waiter. The other female waiter made Avery's life hell because of Billy rejecting her.

"Bitch, Go serve that dude over there."
The female waiters name is Dove Miller. She was the definition of Hell and was practicully the devil.
Avery took the mans order and told the cook. The cook nodded and prepared the mans order. Avery only had a few more moments on her shift before she could leave. Dove was making her work harder than ever and the boss was becoming to notice how little Dove was doing now that Avery had joined them. The boss let Avery leave a few moments early as she served the man his food. She thanked him and hung up her apron and went into the back and changed out of her work clothes and into her daily wear. It was the weekend. Time to relax.

Avery left the diner and saw that Dove was glaring at her more than she normally does. In a quick few strides Dove was in front of her and a slap was given. Avery did not give a care in the world on what Dove was going on about and pushed past her and walked to Scoops Ahoy. She noticed that Dove was following her and blocked her out.
She walked into Scoops and walked up to the counter. Dove shoved her causing her to trip and fall.
Luckily Robin was fast and caught her before she hit her head. She called out for Steve before walking over to Dove. Robin began questioning the blonde girl and ended up with her crying about how she was just lonely. She ended up wit the girls number.
Dove was bisexual and was crushing on Avery and bullied her because that was the only way she would be able to stand being by her side. Robin let down Dove but said that she would be interested in getting to know the girl.

Steve worked behind the counter until Robin returned which she didn't. Avery gave him a message from Robin about how she was heading out on a date and he could not be mad at her because she deserved the world. Avery watched Steve work before growing bored and leaving te shop.

She walked into the gamer store and browed and purchased a few games for her and the boys to play and went over to the pool. She saw Billy closing the pool and coming out shirtless. His shirt hung of his shoulder as he gave her a lazy smile. Avery's heart fluttered and she wished that she could kiss him right then and there. She knew that she couldn't.

A brunette girl with bright blue eyes ran up to Billy and kissed him caushing Avery to look away. Billy had gotten himself a girlfriend over the summer. They seemed serious. Avery knew that she needed to move on but she couldn't.
Over the summer Avery had dated Tommy one of Steves old friends but he dumped her calling her a slut and said he was using her to get laid. She then moved on and had a short fling with a girl who was on holiday but she left and they had to end it.
Avery was in love with Billy Hargrove but he was taken and seemed happy. She was broken and only Steve and Jonathan could tell.

The brunette pulled Billy away from Avery leaving her standing alone in the mall. Something about the girl seemed off but it was not her buisness. She head back to Steve and saw him locking up with Jonathan. Steve had confessed to her that he was head over heels in love with Jonathan. None of them knew who Jonathan loved and it frustrated them.
People often joked about all three of them dating. They often acted like it but it was just a rumour.
Will Byers had confessed his feelings to Mike over the summer and the two hadn't spoke since causing Will to become sad and hang out with Avery more.
Eleven had moved out of town for awhile leaving Mike confused. He finally texted Will but Will was to nervous to respond.

Avery got to the Byers household and was greeted by Will who was leaving to go speak to Mike. Avery wished him luck and messed up his hair before watching him bike to his friends house. Joyce was with Hopper out of town for a few days so it was just Steve, Jonathan and herself at home.

They spent their days gaming and talking shit and getting Steve out of fights. They declined all the parties Steve got invited to and stayed in and watched movies.
Avery was on a opposite couch to the boys and got a picture of the two cuddling whilst being alseep. She snuck the picture and left the room hoping that Jonathan would love Steve back. She was a little saddened at the fact that no one loved her. Or so she thought.

Billy knocked on the door of the Byers household. Avery went to open it and let Billy in when she saw that it was him.
He looked angry as he stormed though the house and went up to the room he had once stayed in and laid on the bed. Avery followed him quickly.
"What is wrong Billy? Is everything okay?"
Billy is looked over and Avery and gestured for her to sit beside him. She went over, grabbing a pillow and sitting beside him placing the pillow on her knee.

"That girl,I was with she ended up cheating on me a few hours ago. Life is hell." He mumbled growing annoyed at eveything. He shut his eyes and rolled over so he was facing Avery.
Avery noticed that Billy was a little bit drunk. He was slurring his words.
"She wasn't meant for me..You know I have only ever loved you Avery."
Avery thought that she heard wrong and laid down beside Billy.
He kept mumbling about being in love and he moved closer and she felt his hands on her cheeks. She looked into his eyes and he was looking at her lips. He leaned closer and their lips touched. She melted into the kiss as he moved and hovered over her deepening the kiss.

The two fell asleep after the incident.
Avery yawned and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She looked Billy over and whimpered.
"Billy did that kiss mean anything to you?"

Billy looked over at Avery and just looked at her before turning his back to her. Pain shot though Avery as she began overthinking. He was a player and often only went after girls so that he could use them. Avery decided that maybe it was best if she gave him some space for awhile. She was never meant to fall for the bad boy.