"What are you thinking about?"

On deck were the bustling sounds of waves and the loud cries of seagulls from up above. Tucked away behind closed doors were faint clinks of weights, saucepans, hammers and machinery.  It was a day of perfect weather. A day free from storms and pursuers and everyone made sure to take advantage of the calm. Days like these were numbered in the New World.

I had completed a map I had been putting off before leaving to check on the course. But I couldn't help but notice the elephant in the room.

Luffy.

 His knees were drawn towards his chest and his head leaned back, eyes closed, feeling the heat of the sun warm his face. His expression unreadable and his hands anchoring his body like a ship were buried deep in the lush green grass. The cool wind tousled his hair, blowing it this way and that and my legs moved on their own.

My approach was quiet but not enough to stop the face splitting smile from emerging on his face.

"Captain," I said.

"Nami," he replied.

I sat down not besides him but with my back against his. And as I leaned into him, he leaned into me. Together we became each other's support and it was the most natural thing in the world.

"I'm curious. What are you doing out here on deck? You're either on the figure head or goofing off with the others."

This behaviour was un-Luffy like and my curiousity was way ahead of me. It was eating away at my bones.

"Everyone is busy."

"Aren't you lonely?"

"Not anymore." 'Shishishishishi'

I smiled of course. One thing for sure about Luffy is that he knew how to make a girl want to stick around. I stuck around for an entire year, constantly escaping death by his side and although we separated for two years, I came right back to him. Now the danger had tripled but my captain is the only man I would follow to the ends of the earth.

A healthy gust of wind blew pass us caressing our skin and Luffy sighed out loud.

"This is nice," he said.

"Yeah." I couldn't agree more.

"I don't mind being alone every now and then. It gives me time to think."

"Think?" I mused, failing to rub away the dried ink that stained my fingers. "That's new."

"That's mean, Nami."

"Gomen."

Ever since I got here, the smile on my face hadn't left me but was growing bigger and bigger with each passing second.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you," I said. Invited or not, I wasn't going anywhere. The Sunny was home but now, I was closer to home than I have ever been.

"You're not."

"Good."

Luffy's tone was sincere and I appreciated that.

In the silence that followed, I observed the sharpness of the newly cut grass and concentrated on the air in case there were any slight bothersome changes no matter how small but found none. Then my next muse was my captain's warmth. An unforgettable calm and safety wrapped around me, and my mind wandered back to the trek up that towering mountain when he and Sanji-kun took me to see a doctor. I could have perished back then but thanks to this meat-head, I was granted a third chance at life.

"How's Boshi?"

Without saying a word, he handed her over and I smiled with glee.

"Have you been taking care of it?"