Chapter 6

"So are you gonna tell me?" Nan asks me, crossing her legs while sitting on the sofa.

We got home about 10 minutes ago and I was hoping under the fake ankle story, Nan would let up about the lake, and let me go straight to bed, but it looked like I wouldn't get that chance. 

"Okay it was awful, she was a total bitch to me" I say quickly, looking down "but Nan who told you?" 

She sighs. Looking at me with kind eyes. 

"I've been around the block a time or two, and I've had my fair share of mean girls in my time. Plus I saw you two together and it didn't look like a friendly conversation at all."

"Nan it's fine, I'm okay, I made a friend in town and you don't have to worry." I tell her.

"I'm not worrying, you're an Ashford, and we make things work" she smiles "I trust you're gonna have a great summer" she winks. "Just a reminder angel, George and I are leaving at 3am, I have a meeting in New York, we'll be back by 12 noon."

"I remember Nan" I say, kissing her cheek "Goodnight, I love you"

"Goodnight angel. I love you more" she responds. 

Running to the kitchen, I grab a bottle of water and head up to my room. Sitting on my bench, I kick my shoes off and pull my hair down. Grabbing my phone, I cue up my dad's number and hit the call button, knowing there's a five hour time difference and not caring because I need him.

After ringing and ringing he finally answers.

"Elle, honey what's wrong? do you need me to come home?" he answers with haste.

"Daddy" I say sobbing quietly.

I've gone the majority of my life without crying, and here I am in twice in 1 night all because of her. That woman who gives no fucks about me.

"Ellie Bear, what's wrong, talk to me" dad says worryingly.

"She's here"

"Who's where?" 

"Regina, Regina's here dad, in Sunset, I went to dinner with Nan at the club and there she was, right in my face, with her daughter all happy and being nice to me like she didn't throw me away" I sob.

"I'm coming home, hold on honey. Larissa get the jet here now, I need to get home to my child as soon as possible" he yells, poor Larissa.

"Dad no, no please don't come home, I'm having fun with Nan and I don't want her to know just yet" I say.

"Elle, I've never heard you cry like this honey and it's worrying me, are you sure it was her?"

"Regina West" I answer. He sighs.

"Yes, it's her, after she had you, she went back to her hometown and married her high school boyfriend, Jasper West." he informs me.

"How do you know that?" I ask him curiously.

"Your grandfather kept tabs on her, he wanted no harm coming anywhere near you, and to him she was danger. 

After he died, I had Ryan keep tabs on her. I had to make sure she wasn't gonna cause trouble for us both, and I didn't want her anywhere near you. I'm sorry honey, I should've told you" he says sadly.

"It's okay dad, I'll be fine, I promise I just needed to hear your voice" 

"I'll follow your lead on this Elle, if you're sure it's okay for you to be there then fine."

"I love you Dad, sorry for waking you" I say "Goodnight, miss you"

"I love you too, my Ellie Bear, you're the best thing that ever happened to me. Goodnight sweet girl"