Something Is Going On

When Olivia realized that Hannah had hung up on her she immediately tried to call back. She wasn't surprised by the busy signal and quickly called Rainey, Jake's mom. They made a plan to go find their kids in the next few days. William, Hannah's dad, had his cop friend look up her address and was anxious to see his daughter and make sure that she was okay. It had been nearly three month's since their kids had ran away and both sets of parents were losing their minds with worry. You would think that they wanted to scold their kids or force them to return home but that wasn't the case anymore. They just wanted to know that they were happy and safe.

It had been three days since Hannah and Jake found out that Hannah was pregnant and the shock hadn't worn off. Hannah hadn't found the right time to discuss it with Jake because he had seemed so distant. Him and Damian had been spending a lot of time together and Hannah didn't mind but she found it odd that they suddenly wanted to hang out all the time. She figured that once they told Dahlia and Damian that they were about to have a baby they would have some kind of backlash but it was just the opposite. Even Dahlia, which seemed to always have a chip on her shoulder, had been almost babying Hannah.

Jake felt as if he could walk on water since he left Damian's office a few nights before. Colors seemed brighter and sounds were more defined. Some people's voices sounded like music when others sounded like torture. It was almost as if Jake could feel the anguish in their voices. He couldn't quite put his finger on it but for some reason he wanted to know everything there was to know about Damian. There seemed to be nothing else he wanted in this world. As the days passed and he spent more time with him he began to feel more like himself to some degree. He wanted to tell Hannah how he was feeling but he was scared she would think he was crazy or using drugs. What had happened that night? All Jake could really remember was walking into the office and Dahlia talking to him. He couldn't really recall what she said but didn't think it was important. He felt amazing and just wanted to be in the moment.

Usually after hours on their feet Hannah and Jake would go home and crash for hours before getting up and starting their day, just to repeat the same thing the following night. Lately though, Jake hadn't found himself to be tired at all. He would lay there for hours listening to Hannah breath while she slept beside him. There were a few times that he felt as if he could hear their babies heart beating but he quickly pushed that thought aside. That was impossible right? Could he actually just be overwhelmed by the thought of becoming a dad or was something going on?

After hours of just laying and looking at the ceiling Jake got up and showered. He started the coffee pot and was headed in to wake up Hannah when he heard a knock at the door. He opened it to find both his and Hannah's parents standing there looking shocked.