Chapter 7: Coffee with Friends

The next morning started when my doorbell rang. I roll over and look at my clock. Apparently people thought 8:23 was a good time to visit others. I get up, dressed in pajamas and hair a mess from sleeping. As I start walking down the stairs, the doorbell rings again.

"Coming," I call, voice a bit hoarse from lack of use while sleeping.

I pull open my door, still half asleep. I stood there for a solid fifteen seconds before I realize who was ringing my doorbell. James, Gabe, Nathan, and Cedrick, plus a camera, were standing outside my door. Once my brain wakes up, I see their faces which probably match mine.

After a few seconds, I slam the door shut. I can't believe James just saw me in my pajamas! And my hair! It looks like a bird's nest! I can't be seen on YouTube!

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard James talking, his voice muffled. "Hey (Y/n), is it cool if we come in?"

"I d-don't look decent to be on camera?" I ask, panicking.

"We can stop recording," I hear Cedrick say.

Great, now I need another excuse. "Uh, I'm not wearing any makeup?" I try, knowing immediately it's a weak excuse.

"We just saw you without makeup," Gabe points out.

"And you look alright without it," James tells me.

That makes me blush some, but I pull the door open anyway. Everyone shuffles inside and I shut the door before following them into the kitchen/living room. I try to adjust my hair as I walk, but it doesn't really work.

"Y'all can make yourselves at home. I'm gonna go change."

I start walking upstairs, heading to my room. Once I get to my room, I pull the door shut and lock it. I prefer to lock my door whenever anyone else is in my house. I pull in a pair of jeans shorts and a (f/c) tank top. Afterwards, I pull a brush through my tangled hair. It worked somewhat since I got most of the knots out. I walk to my adjoining bathroom and brush my teeth. Finally satisfied, I head back downstairs.

Walking downstairs, I see James obviously staring at me. I fix my hair, trying to hide the blush that is painting my cheeks. I get to the island in my kitchen when I hear my stomach growl.

"Hungry?" James asks me, a smirk playing across his features.

"Yeah, I am. Did y'all eat yet?" I ask, looking at the youtubers around me.

"Nah, we wanted to see if you ate yet," Nathan told me.

"It was James's idea," Gabe spoke, looking right at James, who I swear was blushing.

"Did you want me to make something?" I ask, walking toward the fridge.

"Would you join us for Starbucks?" James asks, walking next to me.

"Ok, I guess I could."

"Let's go!" Gabe yells before running out my front door.

Nathan walks out after Gabe and James and I chuckle before following after.

When James and I get outside, Gabe had already claimed the passenger seat of the truck and Nathan was climbing into the driver's seat. That left the back seats for Cedrick, James, and me.

James opens the door for me and I crawl my way to the middle seat. Cedrick is sitting on my right side, and James is sitting on my left. I am having difficulty getting the seatbelt to unwrap from the spool. I guess my struggle is written clearly on my face because James chuckles, then reaches his arm over my lap so he could buckle the seatbelt for me. I definitely blush, realizing his arm was pulling the seatbelt across my lap. I blushed more when his hand slid down my thigh to buckle the seatbelt. Then to make matters worse, James smirks at me.

We get under way, and I try to control the blush raging across my cheeks. I soon get it under control and we continue to talk and get to know each other better. Soon we turn into the Starbucks drive through. They order their drinks and soon it comes to me to order.

"Can I have a (f/c)?" I ask.

"Anything else?" the lady asks.

" No, that'll be all, thanks!" I reply.

"Your total is $32.35. Pull up to the next window to pay," she replies which she had probably memorized.

We pull up, but get stopped by other cars in front of us. I see James pulling out his wallet, and I tell him I insist on paying for myself. However, he insists on paying for me as well. I am insistent, though, and I start waving my arms around as well.

James gently grabs my hands and lower them down between us before saying, "Please let me do this for you."

I gaze into his gorgeous blue eyes which captivate me. I can't move, let alone think and all I can do is nod my head. He lets go of my hands and pulls out his wallet. The moment's broken and I turn to look forward again, only to discover Nathan, Gabe, and Cedrick all staring at me with smirks on their faces.

"What?" I ask with a confused look on my face .

The three people shake their heads and look away, though I hear Nathan mutter a "Nothing."

We get our drinks and Nathan drives back to his house. The whole car ride is full of ideas for videos, whether it be for their channel or mine. We also made plans for them to appear on my channel again since they were very popular. Though, the entire car ride I was trying to figure out how much money my drink was. I decide to slip the cash to James when we get back.

We pull into the driveway and everyone climbs out. Before I can reach over to unbuckle my seatbelt, James asks, "Can you unbuckle your seatbelt, or do you want my help with that?"

I fake laugh, then proceed to unbuckle the seatbelt and slide over to the seat Cedrick had previously vacated before opening the door and jumping out. James opens his door and gets out. We both head toward the house. We walk inside and listen to Nathan and Gabe planning a twenty-four hour challenge.

James pulls his wallet out and sets it on the counter before walking upstairs. I wait for him to get the whole way upstairs before I pull out the cash for my drink from my pocket and lay the money on top of his wallet. As soon as I place the money down, I hear someone clearing their throat. I turn and see a confused James.

"I told you I wanted to pay for my own drink, so I have you back the money for mine," I tell him.

I step away from the counter so he can get closer. He stuffs the money into his wallet with a bewildered smirk on his face. I sweetly smile and shrug my shoulders when he turns back to me.

We walk over to Nathan, Gabe, Cedrick, and Jordan, who we had ordered some coffee for. We heard them discussing another camping trip, since their viewers had likes the last one so much, and they planned on including me.

The rest of the day was spent planning for future videos. The ideas we had were increasingly getting crazier as the day wore on, and some time after 10:00pm, I fell asleep on Nathan's couch, where I'd been sitting all day. Before I fell asleep though, my head rested on someone's shoulder. The last thing I remember was them shifting their position so I could comfortably sleep before I drifted into the black abyss of sleep.