Loneliness

Echis: This food is wonderful! So much flavor, and texture matches perfectly too!

Hellgonix: Yes, I agree. The meat is very juicy, yet still offers a good consistent texture.

AbyssalHeart: Thank you, but I don't deserve these compliments. After all, this is just food I've conjured using the creator space. However I am glad you two enjoy the meal.

Echis: Abyssal, if you don't mind me asking, why is there no one else here?

AbyssalHeart: What do you mean Echis? There are villages all around this world full of citizens. Granted the people are just mindless AI I made with the powers gifted by the creators space.

Echis: Well, I guess what I really meant was why is there no one else in this castle except you and us?

AbyssalHeart: Oh... right. I suppose it's because I prefer to be alone I guess.

Echis: Why is that? Don't you feel lonely in such a big castle by yourself?

Hellgonix: Sister, maybe it's best to stop asking questions...

AbyssalHeart: No, it's fine. I promised you all answers. That includes answers you may have about current situations not just events in the past.

Hellgonix: Apologies for speaking out of turn Abyssal.

AbyssalHeart: It's alright Hellgonix, you don't need to apologize so much. I may be your creator, but I'm your friend first and foremost.

Hellgonix: Alright, thank you Abyssal.

AbyssalHeart: Now Echis, to answer your question. I used to have many people live in my kingdom with me. Those people were my followers, as well as other readers and young minds who read my stories. This was when I was just starting out with my first story. As more people began to follow and read my stories, I opened my castle doors to anyone who wished to stay with me. However as time went on, more and more of these people turned from friends into thieves and suitors. Just taking my resources and trashing my kingdom just because they could. After months maybe even a year of that, I shut my castle doors to everyone. Friend or enemy, it didn't matter what their title to me was. I had been used for the last time. So that is the long and short of it. That is the reason I've opted to live in complete solitude.

Echis: I'm sorry to hear that. Why do people have to be so cruel to you? Why can't everyone be nice to you?

AbyssalHeart: In a perfect world Echis no one would be mean or harm anyone. Unfortunately we or more specifically I don't live in a perfect world. I live in a world full of criminals, murderers and thieves. Not everyone is like that, but most are. As much as I'd wish that would change, it won't. So if I can't trust anyone, then I'll live in solitude where I know at least I can trust myself. Even if it is a path to loneliness.

Hellgonix: You don't have to be the only one you can trust anymore. We're here with you, I'm here with you. I'll make sure no harm comes your way, Abyssal.

Echis: As will I, you're our creator, and more importantly our friend. Friends don't hurt each other. If anything they help each other, and that what me and my sister are going to do.

Hellgonix: Yes, I promise me and Echis will do everything in our power to help you.

AbyssalHeart: Thank you two very much. It is good to have company in this castle. Perhaps one day I can open my castle doors again to the world again... perhaps one day.