Hikaru X Kaoru- Together forever part 1

Kaoru's POV 

'Together forever' Were the words that came to mind while I lay in bed without my twin by my side. Hikaru was going to the store to get some milk, yet since he's such an idiot he decided he had to go right away and went out in a snow storm. I could only sit and hope he didn't get hurt with all my heart, well the half that was within my chest, as the other half was with my twin. He insisted on going to get the milk, he refused to listen to anything I told him and I was overwhelmed with worry; my worse fears were realised when I went downstairs and turned on the TV.  

"No!!" I cried, "this can't be happening!!"  

Hikaru please... If you leave me, nothing will ever be the same again, you're my other half... I thought as I ran to where the accident had occurred.  

"Hikaru..." I trailed off, my eyes slowly following the blood-mixed snow to under the car where a hand reached out for me. 

"K-Kaoru..." Without hesitation I took the outstretched hand in my own - it was freezing - and pulled my twin out from beneath the car. 

"I told you to stay home, you idiot, why don't you listen?!" I said, tears streaming down my cheeks, "if I ever lose you - my other half - nothing will be good anymore!" My twin leaned up weakly for a kiss, 

"I'll be fine Kaoru, I promise," he said; we then shared a weak kiss mixed with tears and blood. Then the ambulance came and took him away, leaving me thinking about one thing and one thing only alone there on the sidewalk, why didn't he listen to me?

Hikaru's POV 

After all that had happened I was laying in a hospital bed, wires and bandages covering my body, staring at the ceiling and praying for my twin to be okay without me, that was when the nurse walked into my room and disconnected all the wires gently, "you're free to go Hikaru." She told me. And after thanking her, I walked slowly and carefully back home to receive a wonderful greeting from Kaoru. "I'm glad you're okay." He whispered, hugging me gently, and out of the corner of my eye I could see tears in his. "I have to take it easy, so be careful," I warned him, "but I'm still going to the Host Club with you." "Okay, but for now get some rest," my twin responded with a warm smile as we walked up to our bedroom and napped together. If anything, I was glad to be alive.