Track 1. We were something, don't you think so?

She's got a Cheshire Cat smile walking down the road, she's doing better than she was before. The warm autumn air turning the mean city streets lazy.

A glimpse of a brown coat appears behind the bus shelter. "Is that you?" She dares to think a flicker of something in her chest. The brown coat's owner wears high heels "nice shoes" she thinks "not you"

She races back home and drowns in her bedcovers. Dreams are the places where she finds him. She has heard the sayings about growing and bleeding, she understands them now.

She has conversations with him "We were something, don't you think so?" He would nod. Their roaring twenties shared together, she would never forget. "It would have been fun, if you would have been the one"

"Your having adventures on your own" She tells herself that he's met a woman on the Internet and he's taken her home. They found their own colours, painting by numbers was normal, their love was not.

"Even all the pennies in the wishing well near the park, wouldn't have been enough. But if my wishes came true it would've been you"

If one thing had been different. Would everything be different today? "No, it wouldn't have worked out" she knows now that she can never turn back, but there's no harm in remembering.
"But it would've been fun, if you were the one"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hiya,

I'm Nev I have only ever written fanfic before this. I absolutely love folklore by Taylor Swift and decided that the story's within the songs could be turned into short drabble fics.

I hope you enjoy,
Never-eat-pears