Her

I pull away from Candace, my fingers still tangled in her hair. "You're so beautiful." I whisper, kissing the tip of her nose.

Candace laughs as she looks up at me. "You're handsome too, Colson." She says softly. I grin as I comb my fingers through her long, curly blonde hair. Her hand floats up to my straight dusty blonde hair and pushes it in front of my face.

I grin and lightly grab her hand. "I should probably get out of here." I say. "My mothers are waiting for me."

Candace sighed. "You need to tell them about me." She whispered. "There's nothing wrong with liking a girl instead of a guy."

I frowned. As far as I know, everybody in my family is... not straight. My two older sisters,  Aria and Isla, my older brother, Max, and my younger brother? Well, he's a little too young to be in love.

My mothers, Mum and Mom, met each other when they were in high school. Growing up, they always wanted us to like somebody of the same gender. It's fun and cool, but at the same time it's a lot of pressure.

I met Candace in freshmen year of high school. We started dating towards the end of sophomore and now we're about to go into senior year. Nobody in my family knows that we're dating.

Aria is dating some bitchy girl, can't exactly remember her name. Isla is single and Max has a named Dexter. He's pretty nice. Although I don't think he's exactly committed to Max. I've caught him flirting with me a few times.

"I'll tell them at some point." I said, giving her a quick kiss. "I just think that maybe I should let them know I'm into girls and not guys."

Candace rolled her eyes. "I don't understand, they love you." She said. "How hard can it be to tell them that you're into girls?"

"Really hard." I said. "They're so proud of my siblings because they've been in relationships with other people, but for me, they don't even know that I've had a first kiss."

"Or a relationship?" Candace asked, looking up at me. "I don't think it's going to change how they think of you."

"Fine." I said. "We tell them at the graduation party."

"Next year?" Candace asked. "Col, I thought you were trying to tell them at some point during this year."

I sighed, pushing Candace's hair behind her ear. "I'm just not ready Can." I whispered. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"At the beach?" Candace suggested.

"Works for me." I said. I gave her a kiss and waved to her while I rushed over to my car. I got in and drove back to the house. The house that's full of love, according to my moms. 

I parked in the driveway and walked in through the front door. "Hey asshole." Max called.

"Shut up asshole." I said, rolling my eyes. 

"Where've you been?" Max asked.

"Where've isn't a word." I called as I went up the stairs.

"Didn't answer my question!"

I smirked a little as I pushed the door to my room open. I set my keys down and walked into the bathroom. I made sure that none of Candace's makeup had rubbed off on me before walking back down the stairs.

"Hey Colson." My little brother, Reggie, said as I walked into the kitchen to get food. "Where were you?"

I shrugged. "Just out with my friend, Candace."

"Have you ever kissed her?" Reggie teased, starting to giggle.

"Oh yes, definitely." I said sarcastically. "We kiss all the time."

Reggie giggled. "Mum went out to the store and Mom was going to grab food."

"Great." I said. "I'll see you for dinner." I turned and quickly went up the stairs to my room, shutting the door.  I joked about Candace and I all the time. I had no idea how I was supposed to tell my family about it.

I was closet to Isla because she's only a year older than me, but she's going off to college after summer this year, leaving me alone.