Chapter 1 ~ Lothlorien

You travel with Elrond to Lothlorien, trying to hold in your excitement to see Haldir, you had met him a long while ago, and saw him when you went to Lothlorien. You loved him dearly and was sure he loved you too.

You rode up to the tree line and entering the forest you get of your horse and guide it, following Elrond through the trees.

You saw Haldir walking up to you and Elrond, with a couple of other elves behind him.

'Lord Elrond, Ms (y/n)' he said, smiling at you. You blush a little. He whispered to his brother Orophin and he nodded, he walked off.

'(y/n), it is lovely to see you' he said smiling as you started to walk with him, following Orophin.

'It is lovely to see you too Haldir, it has been a while' you smile.

You walk with him, chatting about things with him until it came into view. 'This is where I leave you (y/n)' Haldir said smiling 'I hope to see you when my shift ends'. He kisses your hand and quickly goes back into the forest with his brothers.

You blush and follow Elrond the rest of the way.

Elrond meets with Galadriel and Celeborn, you sitting with them through the meeting trying to not think about Haldir, he was just so grateful and beautiful you think, you smile.

'You are thinking of Haldir, marchwarden of my lands are you not' you heard in your head, Galadriel was looking at you smiling.

'I may be' you think

Galadriel chuckled and started talking again in the meeting.

Soon the meeting was over and you sat in the room given to you. Lying on the bed you yawn. There was a nock on the door and haldir slipped in the room, kissing you on the cheek he sat down, taking your hands in his.

You sat in silence with him, enjoying eachothers company. 'I'm so glad you came' he finally said smiling 'It has been lonely when I don't see you'

'It is lonely for me too my love' you say 'Maybe, we can get a place, somewhere, and just live our lives together'

Haldir nodded, 'that would be wonderful' he mummerd.

You sat together, gently talking until he pulled you into a hug. You grin and hug back, falling onto the bed and snuggling into him, and soon you fall asleep in his arms.

You wake, his arms still wrapped round you, getting up you see it was daytime, around the time Lord Elrond wanted to return back to Rivindell.

'Wakey Wakey my dear' you whisper, kissing his forehead.

His eyes flutter open and he sits up slowly. 'I will be escorting you and Elrond back to the edge of Lorien' he said smiling. 'I hope you are safe on your journey' he said, worried.

'I will be fine, and thank you' you say, kissing him gently. He smiles and kisses back. You feel your heart flutter as he let go, smiling.

You felt sad on the road back through the trees, you where going to miss Haldir again.

You got to the tree line with him and he held you back, pulling you behind a tree, away from Elrond's gaze. 'I wanted to give you this' he said smiling. In his hand was a beautiful ring 'We have known eachother for more than 2000 years' he smiled 'I want to give you this, so no matter how far we are from eachother we are still connected'

'Are you asking me to marry you?' you ask, tears filling your eyes.

'the short answer, yes'

'Yes, I will my love' you shout, hugging him close and giving him kisses all around his face. You let go and he puts the ring on your finger. 'I love you, it's beautiful' you hug him close to you again.

'(y/n)?' you hear lord Elrond call.

'Yes my Lord' you call, kissing him passionately before running back to your horse. He comes out from behind the tree and watched you go, waving slightly.

'You have a ring' Elrond stated 'Congratulations' he smiled slightly at your grin.

'Thank you my Lord' you smile.