Chapter 1 - History

A great race once lived in Middle Earth, the earthshakers. Known for their power over the rocks of the world, willing them to their command. They carved great creations from marble and rock of the deep mountains. But like all races their time came to an end.

Friends with the dwarves of Erebor and King Thror, they created the great fortress of Erebor and the city of Dale. Until a lone dwarf miner uncovered the heart of the mountain itself the Arkenstone. Thror named it the king's jewel ensuring that his right to rule was divine. All paid homage to him, even the great elven king Thranduil, but the earthshakers resisted his claim. They believed the heart of the mountain was not something that should be so easily taken. And as Thror's sickness for gold grew his hatred to those closest grew as well. He named the earthshakers his enemy drawing many into traps he slaughtered them. The rest, fearing for the extinction of their race, fled the mountain leaving behind the darkness and sickness of Erebor. They would retreat to the rolling hills of Rowan and there they lived in peace but it was not meant to last, they vanished from Middle Earth. Until none remained of the once mighty race, well that's what you think, for this my dear listener is where my adventure starts. Known to many as Bingo though my true name is Quake but you don't need to worry about that yet. I am the last of my species though I look more like the half blood of an elf and dwarf. And this my dear reader is my story.