Try Like Hell

"JUST PLEASE DON'T SAY YOU LOVE ME CAUSE I MIGHT NOT SAY IT BACK, DOESN'T MEAN MY HEART STOPS SKIPPING WHEN YOU LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT" 

Sitting at the table with everyone, eating breakfast, something I haven't done in a while because most of my free time is usually spent with Kelly.

"Einstein had like six versions of the same clothes because he didn't want to think about that" and here is another random thought from Mouch. "So are you calling yourself a genius then?" Otis questions, his confused look matching mine.

Before Mouch can reply, Brett struts in and places a vase filled with purple flowers right in the centre of the table.

"What's this?" I question, smiling at a beaming Brett.

"Thought I'd brighten up the place" she gets all giddy, "spring is here you guys!" She cheers, "summer is on it's way" she seems very excited about this. "These are so pretty!" Kidd compliments, "thank you" Brett smiles even wider than I thought was possible.

"Little early in the morning for perkiness" Hermann mentions, dampening Brett's smile.

"Oh don't listen to Debby Downer over here" I nudge Hermann, "these are beautiful and they really do brighten up the room" she smiles again, happy with my sentiment.

Mouch ruining the moment with a loud sneeze.

"You need to get them out of here" you can hear the phlegm trapped in his throat, "allergies" he adds. "Yeah, hydrangea's don't have pollen" Otis comes through with his common sense, "I think you might be getting a cold" he states. 

"Hey Lieutenant" Cruz sits up, I look behind me, not even realising Kelly had come in but now that I see him, I can't take my eyes off him.

"I saw all those boxes in your car this morning" Cruz continues, "are you moving?" He better not be. "No, Benny's house got sold, I had to clear the place out" he pours himself a mug of coffee while I sit and wonder why he didn't tell me about that.

"Well uhm" Cruz gets up, "I happened to notice the classic George Foreman grill in there-" he gets ready to make his pitch.

"All yours" Kelly saves him the trouble, throwing Cruz his car keys.

"Thanks boss!" Cruz exclaims before running outside.

I take this as my chance to get up and meet him at the coffee machine, taking his hand and slowly leading him out of the living room and into the laundry room because it's the closest.

Taking the mug out of his hand before I place his arms around my waist, locking my hands at the back of his neck. "Good morning" I step closer so there is no space between us, "it's starting to seem like a great morning" he leans down.

Our lips connect, the fresh taste of coffee enthrals me as I lick along his bottom lip. 

He lifts me up and sits me down on the washing machine, not breaking the kiss for even a second. Moving his hands from my waist so they go under my shirt, stroking my back and playing with my bra strap.

I spread my legs and he easily finds his way between, moving closer until we are chest to chest again.

My fingers roaming down his broad back, scratching through his shirt as he playfully nibbles at my bottom lip.

"So is that why you didn't come over last night?" I whisper, "mmmhh" he mumbles against my lips, deepening the kiss as his tongue overpowers mine. "You could have asked me" I softly pull away, "I know" he leans in again but I hold him back by his shoulders.

"Why didn't you then?" I ask.

"Because like you said, we are just friends" he shrugs, "yeah but friends can help friends clear out their late fathers house" I state. "I don't really want to talk about my father right now" he tries to undo my bra strap, "well too bad, because I want to" I take his hands out of my shirt.