chapter forty-one

season one ; episode ten { The Phantom }
chapter forty-one

season one ; episode ten { The Phantom }chapter forty-one

[ ⚠️𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 - 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 ]

THE TRIO ARRIVED AT THE WAREHOUSE where the Phantom was parked all ready for them to take it to the docks for John B to get the hell off this island. Brooklyn knew it was getting nearer to her saying goodbye to John B. She knew soon she'd have to part ways with him for a few months until she saw him again.

"There she be." JJ slid open the garage door. "Hey, girl. A 1983 Formula 402 SR1." JJ pulled off the sheet covering the Phantom. He patted the bow of the boat gently. "The Phantom."

"Cool."

"The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under sixteen hours, guys. Forty years old! Forty," he excitedly said. "And still the fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen."

"It's kind of a junker." Kiara told him, receiving a glare from JJ.

"Really? She's right there, Kie." Brooklyn couldn't help but laugh at the boy's sudden sadness. "She can hear you. Let's just put it this way. You would not be smokin' weed right now if she never existed, okay?"

"I just hope it runs."

"Oh, no, she'll run all right. She's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got." JJ began to detach the boat from its hinge when they heard a motorcycle began to approach.

"Pope. Finally." Kiara jumped over the ledge. She made her way around the back only for Rafe and Barry to come strolling around the corner.

"Hey, there. What's goin' on?" It just so happened to be Rafe Cameron. "JJ."

"Whoo-hoo!" Barry also arrived, stepping around to Brooklyn and JJ's side. He whistled as Rafe climbed up onto the boat. "Well, well." Barry cocked a gun and pointed it to JJ who instantly raised his hands up. "Hands up, princess." He pointed the gun over at Brooklyn.

"Don't look at her." JJ stepped up in front of Brooklyn who had now lifted her hands up.

The gun was a lot closer to JJ and Barry continued to laugh and torment Brooklyn like this was some kind of sick game. "See, don't think I forgot about me and you at the side of the road. I'm here because I want my motherfuckin' money."

Barry stepped closer and lifted one hand up to get a fistful of JJ's hair, tipping the gun in the direction his head went.

"Get the hell off him!" Brooklyn yelled, grabbing Barry's collar to pull the boy off of JJ. She was ready to go in with her fist but before she could, Barry grabbed her wrist and pulled it back.

"Ooh, you're gonna regret that princess." Barry chuckled, pressing the gun to her stomach. If this was her moment to finally die then she would rather it be over and done with instead of all this torture Barry was giving her. She looked down and then back up to see Barry's eyes were dark.

Suddenly, JJ lunged forward and knocked Barry back to the ground.

Rafe pulled the two girls away from Barry and JJ. "Rafe!" Kiara shrieked, squirming under his touch.

"Where's John B?" He asked the two.

"I don't know!" Kiara's hand reached up to smack him.

"I really wish you didn't do that."

"I know what you did."

"What? What did I do?"

"You murdered Peterkin." Barry looked up for a moment while Brooklyn backed away and over to JJ who was sprawled out across the floor.

"Don't you ever say those fucking words again." Brooklyn turned her head back around when she heard a yelp leave Kiara's mouth. Flashbacks rushed through Brooklyn's mind of how Rafe did the exact same thing he did to her that he was now doing to Kiara. Brooklyn looked in between JJ and Kiara, unsure on who she should help.

Two people she loved, two people she cared about. What could she do in this situation?

But before she could do anything, Pope rushed in and whacked Rafe in the back of the knees with a metal pole. "Don't touch her!"

She let out a small sigh of relief when Kiara caught her breath back and that she could know focus her attention on her boyfriend. Pope was using the metal pole as an advantage to continue beating the crap out of Rafe while Brooklyn kicked Barry in the back of the knees, sending him and the gun to the floor.

"Kick it!" JJ yelled. Kiara kicked the gun away and underneath the boat so it was far enough away from the boys. Brooklyn started to kick Barry with the heel of her shoe who was crawling around on the floor to find his gun.

JJ picked him up by his collar and slammed him against the boat before throwing him down to the floor to let his girlfriend take care of the rest. While Barry was spluttering and coughing on the floor, she turned her head for a moment to see Pope still continuing to cave Rafe's face in.

"Pope." Brooklyn rushed over to him and grabbed his arm. "Come on, man. Come on."

"He's had enough, dude." But Pope didn't stop. He grabbed ahold of a rubber tube and wrapped it around the Rafe's neck. "Snap out of it, dude!"

Okay, he needed to stop.

"Pope! Pope, that's too much!" Brooklyn yelled, seeing Rafe begin to struggle.

"Dude, come on! Stop! Stop, dude!" JJ tried to pull him away Pope pushed him off.

"Look at me!" Kiara yelled, seeing that the blood was spewing out of Rafe's mouth as he choked and if Pope carried on then he would kill him. "Look at me!" Kiara repeated and that's when Pope let go of him and looked over at Kiara. Brooklyn kept a hand on his back as he hyperventilated.

The crazy shit you do for someone you love.

"It's okay." Brooklyn let out a small sigh, seeing Rafe cough up blood. "Okay, we gotta go. We gotta go."

Pope even looked freaked out by himself, like he was terrified of what he had just done as was everyone else. Brooklyn had never dreamt of seeing this sort of behaviour from someone like Pope and in all honesty, it was both heroic and stupid all at once.

Pope leaned down to Rafe's level and said, "Stay off the cut."

𝐓𝐁𝐇𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
another short chapter as the story is coming to an end soon and that sad lol