Animagus and Me

"Alright students. Welcome, to Animals for All Abilities. This class is where you will learn how to access your animagus form. On your timetable, this class is known as Triple A's. Just pointing that out for those who need help."

The ministry official who was teaching the third years how to become animagi was a short, stumpy man with a poor beard. He wore tweed jackets and trousers made of a material no one knew what of. Not even the Purebloods and that was saying something.

The man's name was Mr Sive (pronounced sigh-vee) and he was well known throughout the ministry for helping Aurors access their animagi forms and helping the Creatures department downstairs.

He took a liking to teaching and so he decided to teach students younger than 24. That was how he ended up in Hogwarts teaching a hundred or so 13 year olds how to turn into an animal.

"Now, please open up your books and read chapters 1 to 4. We will put our mandrake leaf in after." He smiled as the pupils got their books out and shared them with others. There were a few squabbles at the back but that was normal and it was nice to not have a class full of 'sirs' and robots.

After about 35 minutes the whole class had pretty much finished reading so Mr Sive carried on his lesson.

"Alright students! That should have been plenty of time to read those 4 chapters. I have placed a mandrake leaf in a small vial on your desk whilst you were reading and I would like you to hold them up for me, just so I can check I didn't miss anyone." All the students put their hands up with a leaf in a bottle encased safely in their fingers.

Professor Sive smiled brightly and bobbed up on his tiptoes in excitement. "Okay students, place the leaf in your mouth and stick it to the roof of your mouth with a simple sticking charm please. Keep the vials safe, they will come in handy for my other lessons."

The third year students followed his commands and many managed it without issues. A few pupils had to ask for help to stick the leaf in their mouth.

The Professor smiled again. "Well done! Now, if it slips out or you chew it and swallow it, let me know. I haven't decided yet whether I will give you a new one or put you in groups for those who failed to achieve the first step. I will think on it. Now, these have to stay in for a month! Next lesson will be about the rest of the steps to this complicated transformation. Dismissed!"

The class stumbled to their feet, grabbed their books and bags and left the classroom in a bubble of excitement. Sive sighed and rubbed his face; he's gonna need a lot of patience and planning for these classes.

***

It has been 5 weeks since the third years put their mandrake leaves in their mouths. Since then, almost half the class have had to start over in groups and the other half of the class have put their leaves into a phial and left them in range of the moon's pure rays.

The advanced half of the 'Triple A' class have also found the rest of their ingredients for their potions. This includes things like dew that hasn't been exposed to sunlight or human feet for a full seven days.

Professor Sive is very proud of this half; they have got so far, it would be a shame if they mess up now.

The potions are hidden in a large dark cupboard with their names on the phials so sunlight doesn't interfere with the potions. Let's hope there is a lightning storm sometime soon - they'll need it.

***

Everyday, at sunrise and sunset, the students who have managed to get this far have said the magic phrase - Amato Animo Animato Animagus - religiously.

They have been waiting for about 6 days, and there is no telling how much longer they will have to keep waiting. When a lightning storm does arrive, only then can the students drink their potions.

***

2 months later, they students are all caught up and they're all waiting for the storm. It has been predicted that the next storm with lightning is only a few days away. When Professor Sive told his students this, he struggled to calm them all down.

Gently, he reminded them that they still had to repeat the incantation at every sunset and sunrise and focus hard to determine their forms. This dampened some spirits but made others resolve to work harder.

***

A few months after the lightning storm and all of his students had taken their potions, Professor Sive walked into his classroom. He had transformed it into separate habitats. There were water habitats for marine life, desert habitats, jungles and forests, normal grassland, trees, mountains you name it. They were all there.

Occasionally, he would walk into his classroom and find a group of animals in their habitats roaming around with their friends. Most were in groups bigger than 5 but on this particular morning he found only two.

A koala and a sloth. They were wrapped tightly around each other, hugging a small branch between them. The sight was adorable!

Sive walked over to the two and cooed lightly. The koala jerked awake and let go of his branch.

Instead of falling, as the Professor had expected, the sloth tightened its grip on their buddy and pulled them closer to the tree. The koala looked very panicky but soon relaxed in their sloth's arms.

Sive watched as the sloth slowly woke from its slumber and saw it smile at the koala. The koala ducked their head shyly.

Both animals made the mutual agreement to come down from the tree and greet their Professor. Said Professor, had anticipated a couple to emerge, instead, found himself gaping at the two boys who transformed before him into their pajamas.

"Harry Potter? Draco Malfoy?"

Both boys ducked their heads in embarrassment and shuffled closer to the other, seeking the others comfort.

"You two are adorable!" Sive was bouncing on his heels, clapping his hands excitedly and grinning from ear to ear. "I took a picture; hope you didn't mind. It was such a beautiful moment and I just had to capture it." Harry and Draco blushed heavily and smiled awkwardly at their teacher.

"Now, you two head off for breakfast, yes?"

"Yes Professor." The Slytherin and Gryffindor walked out swiftly.

***

Sive beamed at their backs before closing the door. Just before he turned away he noticed mumbling from the other side.

"-you too."

A sharp inhale of breath from behind the door.

"Be my boyfriend?"

"Of course Dray!"

Giggles were suddenly muffled making the Professor assume they were kissing. He turned around to give them some privacy and sat down to mark some papers.

***

A/N Cute?

This was more focused on the stages of becoming an animagus than drarry but I managed to squeeze them in so hooray!

I was planning other animagus oneshots and realised I didn't actually know how you became an animagus so I wrote this and I learned so much!

It might not get me a GCSE, but it may help me win a Pub Quiz XD

06/09/2020