So it Begins...

Published Wednesday, July 13, 2022

=============================
Part 1: That Fateful Night
Part 2: My Sad Reality
=============================

That Faithful Night {Part 1}
3rd Person POV

"James, c'mon, stop that!" Lily laughed as she held her infant son, Harry, while her husband whispered to their three year old all sorts of stories about mischievous pranks he could play when he was old enough to begin schooling.

"Aww! Why, Lily? The boy loves it!"

"That's your son, dear. No offense, but I would quite like to see him not get expelled his first year at Hogwarts."

"What's Hogwarts? And why's it named after a pig disease?" James and Lily halt their playful banter and turn to look at their eldest.

"Percy!" James laughed boisterously. "Why, the boy's just like me!"

Lily rolled her eyes and shot her husband a look whilst continuing to rock Harry - their youngest - in her arms.

The mother turned her attention back to the little toddler. "Well Percy, first off, you shouldn't judge something based on their first impression; it's rude. But as to why? Well, to be honest, I don't quite know myself. The name is a mystery, and I imagine it'll remain one. Now, as for Hogwarts, it is a school. A school of magic. One that, someday, you and your brother will attend."

"A magic school? Does that mean I'm like, like- a wizard?!" At Lily's nod, a wide smile playing on her lips, Percy grins and continues excitedly, "That's so cool! Will I get a wand? And a broom? Do flying brooms exist? Wait, do I get a magical pet? Can I choose what type? And...and-"

"Percy!" James laughed, eyes twinkling, as his son rambled. "Well, I guess we don't have to worry about you not wanting to go!"

"Why wouldn't I want to go?" Percy asked curiously, head tilted to the side as he yawned and crawled into his father's lap.

"I mean, there are other schools you could attend if Hogwarts didn't work out, but we had assumed Hogwarts would be the best fit; it's where your mother and I went."

Percy nods sleepily and leans against his father's chest as he looks up at him. "Daddy, I'm tired. Can I go to bed please?"

James glances up at Lily, raising an eyebrow.

"How about you take him for a bath real quick and then you can go to sleep, okay Baby?"

"Okay, Mommy."

James nodded and stood, eyes flickering to look out the window as he turned to head upstairs. He went rigid, however, and spun back around as what he saw registered.

"They're here...! Lily, take the boys upstairs and find a place to hide!" Lily shot to her feet, Harry clutched protectively in her arms.

"James-"

"Go! I'll hold them off as long as I can. But you must protect the boys. And I love you. Now hide!"

Lily grabbed one of Percy's hands and ran upstairs with her sons. She darted into Harry's room with Percy right behind her.

Lily looked around frantically before walking over to the closet and throwing open the doors. She turned around and gestured Percy over to her.

Lily crouched down in front of him and gave him a watery smile. "Hey Baby. I need you to do something for me, okay?" Percy nodded, his eyes sparkling with confusion.

"Are you okay Mommy? Is Daddy?"

"Oh yes, Baby! Of course we're okay. But I need you to take Harry and hide in this closet, okay? Don't come out unless I say so, and promise me: you'll protect him with your life."