chapter forty-three

season one ; episode ten { The Phantom }
chapter forty-three

season one ; episode ten { The Phantom }chapter forty-three

[ ⚠️𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 - 𝐔𝐏𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐒 ]

THE FOUR TEENS WERE TAKEN to the tents that the police had set up all in search for John B. Brooklyn's could feel her legs giving weight when her eyes scanners over Ward Cameron who was sat around the table with a blanket cuddling his body. When he looked up even for a second to catch her eyes on his, she controlled her angry and stepped into the tent with the others.

"Right to your left here." The kids all sat next to each other on chairs while the officers stood in front of them. "Sit down. Don't move. We got a lot to talk about. Keep an eye on these kids."

"Blockade is up at the marsh and Masonboro and all other inlets from Shem Creek to Breach Inlet. I want eyes on all coastal access points, people. Let's get this guy."

There was no guy to "get" other than the guy who was sitting with a blanket wrapped around him to keep him warm.

Brooklyn was sat in between Kiara and JJ, she had her head pressed against Kiara's shoulder and her hand locked in JJ's. JJ's thumb grazed the skin of her hand, tracing such soft circles to comfort her. Brooklyn peered over to see Pope had taken Kiara's hand so Brooklyn used her other free hand to take Kiara's. All of them were safe for now.

Thunder clapped which caused Brooklyn to jerk up. "It's okay. It's okay." Kiara pushed her lips against Brooklyn's forehead.

Storm Danielle was about to hit OBX which meant the power was out. This place was really known for its catastrophic storms, there had been two major storms in the space of a week. Brooklyn could hear rain hitting the roof of the tent and the only source of light was the lightning that hit every few minutes.

The officers moved from one side of the Point to the other to scan over the waters to see if John B was there. "We need eyes on the other side of the Point. Go," One of the officers said before a few passed the kids who sat clung onto one another.

But as they were making their move to the other side of the Point, the lights from the surrounding houses began to turn back on. Brooklyn then caught a glimpse of the Phantom where John B was trying to hide. However, the lighthouse was the most powerful light source on this island so when that turned on, Brooklyn knew they were done for.

Brooklyn shot upwards only to be pushed back down by the officer. "That's them!"

"It's the Phantom."

"Bogey spotter off the lighthouse, running lights out. I think it's them." A few police boats started to head off in their direction to chase the Phantom.