chapter 1

His empty eyes stared at the pregnancy test in his hand while his mind slowly registered this new information.

He was happy? Sad? Surprised? Mad? Angry? Escalated? He didn't know but he certainly felt a little lost but more importantly he was numb.
A tear escaped his eye before he quickly wiped it.

Should I tell him?

Of course he had to but with all the fight they were having lately it didn't sound like a very good idea.

Ill tell him when he's back.

With that thought he stood up and went back to their bedroom waiting for his husband to come home. His hand went down to caress his still flat stomach as a small smile found its way to his lips. A small version of his love was something he always wanted and now his wish finally seemed to be coming true.

But what if he doesn't want it?

This very disturbing thought robbed him of his peace once again.

No, no he wouldn't do this to his own child. I'm just being paranoid.

He murmured softly convincing himself but deep down inside he knew that he wasn't being paranoid. There was a fair chance that his husband might create a ruckus over this child.

It'll be alright, it'll be alright

He whispered to himself caressing his belly. A warm feeling filling his heart at the thought of holding a small version of himself or his love in his arms, raising the baby together, his first step, his first word he imagined it all and he could help but smile at the thought.

With all these happy thoughts he slowly drifted to his Dreamland.

Next morning Yibo woke up to an empty bed. The other side of the bed was untouched.

He didn't come back home?

His chest tightened and the lump in his throat chocked him a bit. He wandered around their shared apartment looking for his husband but not a single soul was insight.

He hasn't come home at all.

The silence of the unnaturally quiet home at once began eating him. A million thoughts swarmed his mind but not a single one seemed good enough to ponder over.

Instead it broke his heart a little.

Subsiding those thoughts and his own mess of emotions aside he pulled out his phone and dialled his husband's number.

After trying numerous times he gave up, his husband was not picking up the damned phone so he was left with no other choice than to wait for his very dear husband his Zhan ge to come back home.

Just then an urge to empty his stomach had him jump on his feet and bolt to the bathroom and puke his gut out.
By the time he was done he was left with tears in his eyes and a revolting taste in his mouth.

He brushed his teeth getting rid of that disgusting taste and slumped on the floor with his head in his hands crying his eye out.

A loud slam of the door pulled Yibo out of whatever land he was in. He stood up from the floor and glanced at the mirror, red puffy eyes and a very tired face.

He looked anything but presentable.

He reached for the knob of the bathroom door but could not find the courage to face his man. The one person he had been waiting for an entire night and half a day.

Taking in a deep breath Yibo made his way to the front door and there he was his husband struggling to stand still. His eyes were bloodshot, his hair dishevelled and his clothes appeared as if they were put in a hurry.

Yibo rushed to his side to help him but to his surprise Xiao Zhan pushed him away. The smell of alcohol and a woman's perfume from the other's clothes stirred his stomach but he pushed the feeling back and focused his attention back on his husband who was still under the influence of alcohol.

Xiao Zhan's alcohol tolerance was low.

A glass or two of wine or a bottle of bear and he was done for. But he'd always sober up after a night of good rest. But right now his Zhan ge was clearly drunk.

Did he drink on his way to home? Or did he drunk drive here?

The second thought had his hair rising. His gege could have met with an accident.

"Zhan Ge"

"Shut up" came an abrupt reply shaking Yibo to his very core.

His sweet and loving Zhan ge has never NEVER raised his voice. No matter how huge the argument was no matter how big the fight was Xiao Zhan had always handled it with patience... Well until recently.

Maybe it's the alcohol.

Snapping out of his thoughts he went to help his still struggling to walk Zhan ge. But the older just pushed him away glaring at him.

Once Xiao Zhan had reached his destination their bedroom he practically threw himself on the bed and passed out.

Yibo walked in and was greeted with the sight of his husband sprawled on their bed snoring his ass off. His body reeked of alcohol and if he sniffed from a little closer he could smell the lingering perfume of a woman.

The smell of alcohol and the woman's perfume once again had his stomach twist in the worst way possible and the urge to throw up hit him hard. He didn't fight back this time and rushed to the bathroom to empty his already empty stomach.

After getting rid of the horrible taste he peeked at his husband who hardly showed any signs of breathing, but Yibo knew that's how his Zhan ge slept ...like a log.

He stared a bit longer at Xiao Zhan. His husband was finally home. Now he had to take care of his hangover tomorrow morning because by the looks of it this sleeping log had no intention of waking up for dinner.

But what now?