Chapter 35: Hide

As the night was long, Max woke up late in the morning with some arms locked around her body. Jane's naked body was pressed behind Max's bare back, and a white sheet covering them. Max rubbed her side face on the pillow before deciding to open her eyes. Last night was amazing for her, she got a good present. The redhead turned on her girlfriend's side to face her fully. Jane was peacefully sleeping. Max ran her hand on the brunette's head, caressing it gently. Jane let out a small sigh and opened her eyes with laziness, gave Max a short glare and closed her eyes once again, pulling herself closer to the redhead and hiding her face on Max's chest.
  "Who's the sleepyhead now?" - Max joked as she ruffed Jane's hair.
  "Mm... it's weekend. What time is it?"
The redhead stretched her arm to grab her phone standing on the nightstand behind her.
  "Ten AM."
Jane sighed again, tickling Max's chest with her breath and moved her head away. She took a moment to look at the redhead's eyes, then smiled.
  "You're feeling good?" - the brunette asked, half sleepy.
  "Yeah, and you?"
  "Perfect."
They both giggled. But this moment was quickly interrupted by a key trying to enter the doorknob. The girlfriends raised their heads at the same time.
  "Shit, it's Jay!" - Max whispered and took the sheet off her body.
  "Jesus! I need to hide." - Jane whispered back and stood up, putting her underwear and jeans on in fast motion.
Max stood up, too, finding her clothes and dressing up, trying to not make noise. On the other side, Jayden couldn't enter as when Jane had locked the door last night, she had put the key in a bad position. So she started knocking, hoping Max would open the door.
  "Max, are you awake?"
  "Damn! Hide under my bed."
Jane nodded and bent down, getting under the bed, pulling her sweater and sneakers with herself. Max fixed her hair and rushed to the door, opening it and letting her friend in.
  "Why didn't you pull the key out?"
  "Oh uhh I forgot, sorry."
  "It's fine. Sorry I wasn't here last night."
  "Oh no no, it's fine." - Max giggled a little, pretending like nothing happened.
  "I'll make it up to you." - Jayden reassured as she took off her shoes. - "So, did you talk with Jane, are you guys okay now?"
  "Yeah, we're good. We talked and she apologized."
  "Okay, that's good. I'm gonna take a shower, we'll talk later."
  "Sure, sure."
As Jay took the towel and entered inside the bathroom, Max bent down telling her girlfriend to get out. During this time Jane had been reading to Max's diary, reading the part when Max had expressed her feelings for Jane, which it made the brunette feel special. As she closed it, she got out and put her sneakers and sweater on.
  "Can I see you again?"
  "I'll call you, now go! I don't wanna make it more suspicious."
  "Okay okay, bye." - Jane leaned in and kissed her girlfriend in a hurry, rushing out of the dormitory.
Max closed the door, took a deep breath and smiled happily. In that moment, just after Max closed the door, Jayden got out of the bathroom, heading at her closet to take a hoodie.
"Why are you standing there?" - the blonde girl asked as she saw her friend standing at the door.
"Oh, no reason. I'm just bored and I'm coming around." - she chuckled nervously.
Jayden slowly nodded and as she was about to enter the bathroom again, she turned back to her roommate with a small frown.
"Had a fight with the mosquitoes?" - she asked, pointing at Max's collarbone.
"Huh?" - Max asked confusedly, not knowing what her friend was meaning. The redhead eyes widened when she looked at the mark. It surely was a hickey and Jayden couldn't be that dumb to not understand it.
"Uhh... I don't know... for real." - the redhead shrugged innocently.
"It looks like a bite mark,  for real."
"Well..." - Max shifted her eyes away shyly.
"I'm happy you and Jane are in good terms now. Seems like the talk you had was long." - Jay smirk and left to the bathroom.
Max was standing frozen in her place. She took her phone, opening the front camera and looking at the hickey Jane left. She wasn't mad, a big smiled raised on her face.