Chapter 3: Interrogation

Astrid was really starting to hate being used as leverage against Hiccup.

First, when Alvin and his tribe had raided Berk, Alvin had immobilized her to get out of her who the "Dragon Conqueror" was, somehow drawing Hiccup out of hiding to protect her. Then he'd taken her hostage on his ship and Hiccup saved her.

Astrid had also been captured by several evil dragons throughout her teen years, and captured once by Cinderpaw, who'd also killed her.

Astrid figured that if she'd died once, she could handle anything. But that was a lie. Whiplashes still stung and bled. Insults still hurt her heart, even if she wouldn't let onto it. Fire still seared, acid still burned. Punches still ached.

And this is what she went through, strapped around her waist to the mast like she was about to be burned at the stake. Dagur sauntered around her, firing off questions, some of which had no meaning whatsoever. "What's five plus three?!" to which Astrid would reply, "I thought you knew the answer."

Dagur smirked at the young warrior. "Would you like me to get to the serious questions?" he sneered. "How powerful has Berk gotten?"

"Powerful enough to take down you," Astrid muttered despondently.

"Surprising, being that Hiccup is the chief."

"Well, that's funny. Hiccup should be leading your tribe then, because you're clearly not fit to lead these delinquents." Savage whipped her and she yelped, blood running down the side of her abdomen and her hip.

Dagur cackled. "How big is your dragon force?" he demanded.

"Like I'll tell you that," Astrid coughed. Savage untied her and threw her to the deck, pinning her down with his foot. Astrid gritted her teeth and glared up at Dagur while Savage bent down and twisted her arm behind her back.

"How big is your dragon force?!" Dagur repeated.

"I'm not telling you."

"What are the force's weaknesses?"

Astrid was silent.

Dagur squatted down so he was closer to Astrid's current eye level. He crooned, "What are Berk's weaknesses?"

Astrid squirmed under Savage, who tightened his grip. "You seriously believe I'll tell you?!" she snarled. Dagur straightened.

"How powerful is that Night Fury of Hiccup's?"

"You'll have to find out yourself, snake-spawn."

"Mm...what are your boyfriend's weaknesses? I plan on eliminating him..." Astrid seemed to get desperate.

"I'm not telling you!!"

"What are his weaknesses?!!" Dagur demanded again. "Tell me!!!"

"Never!!!" Dagur smirked evilly. He whistled and his Skrill thumped to the deck, lightning arcing between its spines. Astrid's eyes widened with fear as she looked up at it, trying to lean as far away from it as possible while Savage pinned her down. Dagur nodded to his dragon, who raised a claw and set it sparking with electricity.

Savage jumped away just as the Skrill brought its claw down on Astrid.

And Dagur smiled at the writhing, crying, screaming girl in front of him.