𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦.

THE sun was out, but it felt cold. destiny and her family had finally arrived back home. today was josie's little sister's birthday and she invited destiny along with the rest of her family to tag along later. destiny walked into her room and bega taking out all the clothes from her luggage. "i wonder when ariana's coming."

destiny really wanted to catch up with ariana. "she's probably coming soon." jaslene lied down on her bed and went on her phone. "you should probably get all your clothes out your luggage before mom comes in here and nags you about it." destiny advised her younger sister. jaslene sighed, "you're right."

      a couple hours had passed and josie came. the party was in three hours but josie wanted to hangout with destiny for a while. they were hanging outside and filming tiktoks and eating chips. "so how was new york?" josie and destiny sat down on the grass. "it was okay," she smiled a little as she remembered mauricio. "so, you and mauricio?" josie teased. destiny blushed, "we're just friends."

"mhm, sure." destiny rolled her eyes at her. "mauricio's probably gonna be your rebound." she joked, leaving destiny feeling unamused. "rebound? you're kidding, right?" josie had a blank stare plastered on her face. "josie are you being serious right now? mauricio isn't gonna be my rebound he doesn't deserve that."

      josie was confused, "really? cause it doesn't seem like you're completely over carlos." destiny stood up with a glare, "you know it feels like a lotta people either want me to be back with carlos or over him. i didn't expect you to be one of them." she argued. "i'm not one of them! i'm just saying that i assumed he would possibly be your rebound." josie began to tell destiny what she really meant.

as josie began to wrap up this conversation, destiny didn't seem too upset anymore. "what's going on between you and derek then?" josie didn't smile or blush. instead she got furious. "that bitch left me on read when i asked if he was talking to somebody. like i'm not sure if he is or isn't now like he's really fucking with my mind." she ranted. destiny knew exactly how she was feeling. "so you guys are talking?"

     "not necessarily. we're more like best friends though. besides he said he doesn't want a relationship right now." josie put on a fake smile but destiny heard the pain in her voice, "come here."

     josie crawled to her and destiny hugged her. "i like him, dess. i'm just not sure if he feels the same way though." out of all of her friends, destiny knew josie had it hard with relationships. she would get friend zoned, used for nudes, or just having to deal with toxic boys. devenity had it the easiest. as a matter of fact, she was the one who played them. destiny didn't have it hard or easy, it was both at the same time. "i know derek, he won't use you. he's gone through the same." josie frowned, "if you say so."

       "come on, let's go back inside and watch a movie." they stood up and brought their chip bag along. as they walked inside, they saw luna playing with jaslene in the living room and her mom cooking. her dad was at work but would be coming back in an hour. "what movie are we gonna watch?" josie and destiny walked in her room and sat down on her bed. there wasn't much space but they had to work with it. "a scary movie." destiny suggested.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
this was a short chapter
but i just wanted to include more of
destiny's friends you know?
anyways go check out 10,000 hours, it's book
2 of thirst!