Chapter 14

Harry paced around his room impatiently, waiting for his parents to get ready. He had a cup of tea in his head, that sloshed with every step he took, occasionally spilling some of its contents on the floor below him. 

He hadn't told his parents what his anxiety had been caused by, just that they had to rush to get ready for the morning. Harry was leaving Sirius and Remus's return as a surprise.

He had been getting notifications nonstop all morning, and it was only nine. Besides his godfather and Remus, he had been notified of the returns of Bertha Jorkins; a Ministry official, Emmeline Vance; an Order member, Charity Burbage; the Muggle Studies Professor, Ella Abbott; his classmate's Hannah's mother, Octavius Pepper; a man who had disappeared during the war, Ted Tonks; Andromeda's husband and Tonk's father, and to his surprise, Peter Pettigrew; a man who needed no introduction about the horrors and pains he caused in Harry's life. He had been informed that Peter had been taken into custody, on accusations of being a Death Eater. 

"Are we going to visit Andromeda, Regulus, Tonks, and Teddy?" Lily asked. Next to her, James pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

Harry stopped, and gave a broad grin despite himself. "Even better," he told them.

"Better than corrupting Moony's kid? That's become my life's mission." James informed them.

Harry rolled his eyes, "We might see Teddy," Harry didn't elaborate any more. "Just grab some Floo Powder, we're heading to the Ministry.

■■■

Sirius was taken up the stairs to a large room, where Kingsley had greeted him with a warm smile, and told the Unspeakable (who he had found out was named Suzie) to go back to whatever it was she had been doing before. She left, not after giving Sirius a confused glance. 

"Sit, Sirius, we're waiting for a few people." 

Sirius did as he was told, twirling a strand of long hair between his fingers. 

People dressed as Aurors began to file in at different times, each having a person in tow with them. He waved kindly at Ted Tonks, who's eyes widened at the shock of seeing his wife's cousin, who he knew to be dead. 

Sirius's lips tightened as he saw Severus Snape walk into the room, but didn't say a word to his old classmate. Following him was Minerva McGonagall, who had a large smile etched on her face

"Minnie!" He called over, and if possible her smile grew wider.

"Hello, Sirius." She replied.

"Wait — Sirius?" asked Remus? As he entered the room behind her, "Is he —" he saw Sirius, who had stood up, and was by his chair. "Padfoot?"

"Moony!" Sirius ran across the room, and engulfed Remus in a hug.

Sirius let go of the embrace, and looked around, "Do you know what's happening? I woke up in the Department of Mysteries, but all I remember is fighting. Is Harry alright? What about the rest of the Order?"

"Harry's fine, last I saw him," Remus replied. "I'm not sure exactly what's happening either. Minerva said something about people coming back from the dead. You've been dead for over two years, Padfoot."

"Back from the dead? That's not possible. Is it? And what do you mean, 'You've been dead for over two years, Padfoot', was that crazed Ministry woman actually right? It's the fifth of July, 1998?"

Remus shrugged, "Apparently I've been dead too. Last I remember was the second of May, 1998."

"You died?"