Chapter 2

(y/n) POV

"Well good morning sweetie." Cora said, "I'll make you some breakfast." She said.

"Eat up sweetie, we have a big day ahead of us." Cora said as she put a plate out for me, "I hope you like eggs, if not then I have bacon." She said as she put an egg on my plate along with a few strips of bacon. I took a bite of the egg, "Yummy!" I said happily, "I'm glad you like it, sweetie. Now today we'll be working on keeping you in your weapon form." She said, "Last night you only held it for just over a minute. So for this whole week, we'll be working on increasing how long you can stay in weapon form." She said, "I'd also like to take you to see someone, but I'm not sure you're ready for them yet." She said as she made herself a plate.

Several weeks later

Cora POV

It's been five weeks since I began (y/n)'s training. I met with his mother to make sure she was ok with him living with me, she said it was fine since she could come and visit him whenever she wanted. (y/n) had made great progress in his training. In the short time, he's been training he's already learned how to hold his weapon form indefinitely and transform parts of his body at will. "Ok (y/n), I think you're ready." I  said, "Just remember that I'm not gonna let him do anything to you." I said.

"Stein." I said, "Ah Cora, how nice of you to barge into my lab uninvited. So what can I do for you?" Stein asked, "This is (y/n). I want you to look at his soul." I said, "Is that all? Sounds simple enough." He said, "On the surface, he has a simple soul, but if you take a closer look his soul is honest and kind, he's fully devoted to his mother, but if you look past all that you'll find that since birth he's been afraid of one thing and that thing is represented in his soul by a snake." He said, "Tell me what makes him so special?" He asked, "He's a Death Scythe that was created with human souls." I said, "I see, well I think a dissection is in order." He said, "Not happening!" I said, "Stein is he in danger of becoming a Kishin?" I asked, "No not from what I can tell." He said, "How do you think he became a Death Scythe without corrupting himself?" I asked, "With the data, I've collected so far. I'd say he was fed the souls prenatally and that his mother was more than likely a witch." He said, "Not possible when I spoke to Blair she assured me she was a cat with an absurd amount of magic power. I even looked at her soul and it was a cat!" I said, "Well then let me pose a question. Who told you that Blair gave birth to him? If she was his birth mother then why isn't he a cat like her?" He said, "You and I know that the witch's soul is the key component in creating a Death Scythe. But what would happen if a child was given ninety-nine human souls and was born from a witch? A portion of her soul would go to the child and that would be enough to make a Death Scythe. I think this is what happened, and for whatever reason his birth mother abandoned him and he ended up in Blair's care." He said, "You always were one to make outlandish theories Stein." I said, "It's not a theory. I got all that from his soul. He might not remember but his soul does." He said. "Poor thing." I said, "He's terrified that everyone will abandon him." He said, "He trusts you well enough tho." He said, "Don't worry sweetie, I'll be there for you." I said as I kissed (y/n)'s forehead.