Ch.1 Alone

???'s pov.

'The cries and screams of the young kittens as their parents were killed off was unbearable as a parent. I watched as the parents' heads were severed off their bodies. The kittens were covered in the blood of the ones who had birthed them. Yet, it was our job to round them all up but a total of ten kittens escaped.'

~

I jolt awake and sit up in bed, running my hand through my hair and taking deep breaths. I sigh and get out of bed, rubbing my eyes to try and get rid of my tiredness, it didn't work.

'I honestly hope they are okay...'

My eyes made their way to my sword sitting in the corner. It gleamed in the rising sun's light, taunting me of those I have killed, whispering to me that I should go out and do my duty, killing those who defy the law...

The flashbacks of that horrid night, the blood on my hands, all those poor kids lost their parents because of our stupid social system..

I sigh as I write my letter to the king, knowing he wouldn't be happy that kittens escaped.

He and his wife were coming to look at some kittens that were taken back, probably to make them into slaves. Some of the kids had siblings that were left behind and most of them have trauma.

Dream is an interesting one, his brother was one of the ones who escaped and after we brought him here he started developing a dark goop that covered his entire body. Or another one is Error, his older brother and younger brother escaped and now he doesn't allow anyone to touch him and keeps a distance away from every one.

I have a few that I'm weary of like Dust, who killed his brother after we put them in the van together. We had to separate him from the others to prevent more incidents happening with him. And Horror who ate the leg of my fellow soldier, I still can't go near him even with his muzzle on.

I shudder as I slid my armor on, looking in the mirror at my blood red hair, 'Great, even my hair mocks my existence..'

Sighing, its what you do when you feel stressed, bummed, or angry or sad. I do it all the time though, I just never get a break and I have a feeling I never will, after all I have been doing this for thousands of years..

There, my head should be cleared and I should be relaxed, now time to do my duty. I'll see the little ones later, but first I need to inform the king of the raids and protests.

~

Reaper's Pov.

"They are never quiet.." I mumbled as Dust's screams and cries of insanity echoed through the hallways and into our tiny cell while Horror's loud whimpers came from down below me.

Outer was trying to comfort Horror as Horror's hunger grew but I knew he wouldn't dare attack one of us, me especially since everyone steers clear of me. I would hope no one wants to die because touching me would mean instant death, but I wouldn't be a bad suicide attempt because I can guarantee no survival. I am the grim reaper afterall..

Error groans from his perched spot on the window sill and hisses at horror, "Shut up. No one wants to hear that bull-"

Gnaz interrupted him, "Potty language Error. Use nice boy words, don't you want to be a nice boy?"

That alone induced snickers from the others in the room, everyone knew that Error had no patience for being nice or kind so that'll just piss him off. And indeed it did because Error threw a rock at him.

"Oh shut the hell up, I don't care about that bullshit and you aren't my brother jackass." Error snarled before climbing up into his web of strings.

Gnaz hisses before sighing and sitting down, pulling Horror into his lap as he rocks him gently, "Just try to relax Horror.."

Outer pats Horror's head and smiled when Horror nuzzled his hand, "I'll get you something to eat soon buddy, you just need to wait then maybe we can get that cage thingy off your face!" He giggles, he was the only one that was staying positive about things.

I roll my eyelights at his enthusiasm and went back to thinking about our destroyed town, maybe there were survivors?

"There are no survivors Reaper and you are being soft for thinking that there were." I turned to face the person who said it and narrowed my eyes at him, "No one cares what you have to say." I snarled to Sci. The thing was that no one liked Sci, he was always tempering people and had a knack for experimenting on people, not to mention he was a stuck up, nerdy, brat.

The sound of a bell was brought to our attention as we turned to face him. I felt Error back behind me as he walked into the cell, "Who are you?" Error asked in a trembling voice.

We all were silent and that's when I noticed that Dust wasn't making any noises..