[ 022 ]

Talking suitcases

[ Finn ]

Y/n's arms held my body against hers, creating a warmth that I wanted to be in forever. I held her in exchange, my hands running over her body lightly. Our legs were tangled together-

"Psst... Finn..." I sat up and looked around, my heart racing. "Finn..! Over here! Turn the lamp on!" I turned the lamp on and looked around.

"Baby? What's going on?" Y/n asked groggily. "Someones... In the room..." I mumbled, standing up.

"Really? Where? Be careful." I got up and started looking around. "Finn! Over here!" I glanced over at my suitcase as it lazily laid on the floor.

"Yeah, me! Come on Finn! Come on! You can do it." My legs were moving on their own, approaching the suitcase.

"Finn-"
"It's fine, you can go back to sleep."

"Finn you're scaring me." Y/n whimpered, making me stop. I sighed and shook my head, turning to her. "Sorry... I guess it was nothing. Let's uh- Go to sleep."

She didn't hear the voices.

Only I did.

I got back in bed and turned my light off. Y/n cuddled up to me and I laid down, cuddling her back. "You're shaking..." she noted.

"It's cold as shit out there." I whispered into her hair. I inhaled her scent, trying to ignore the suitcase chanting my name.

"Out there?" She asked. "Yeah, outside of these covers." Y/n giggled a little and my whole body became 10x warmer.

"I love you." I murmured softly, kissing her head. "I love you too, Finn."

We held each other, slowly falling back asleep.

...

I woke up again to Y/n answering the door. My eyes hurt, the curtains were open. The sun blinded me for a short minute before I adjusted to the light.

"Finn!"

"Huh?" I grumbled, rubbing my eyes. "Come here!" I got up and walked over to Y/n. She was chatting to room service.

"No dumbass. Turn around!" I turned around and stared at the suitcase. "Yeah, come here kid." I walked over and sat down in front of it.

"Stop talking to me." I whispered.

"Stop being insane and imagining suitcases talking to you." The suitcase whispered back.

I closed my eyes and focused on not hearing the suitcase. After it not saying anything for a moment I opened my eyes, smiling.

"Wow, you're pathetic." It started to laugh and I rolled my eyes, standing up. Y/n said goodbye to room service, shutting the door.

She ordered breakfast for us so we sat down in bed, and started to eat it. "What happened last night?"
Y/n was giving me a curious glance, making me uncomfortable.

What do I say to her?

"I just... Heard some talking is all... It probably came from downstairs."