10.

chapter ten.

               FELICITY WOODS DESPISED BEING left in the dark, but as of right now, there was little she could do to prevent such a thing from occurring.

With a man such as Thomas Shelby in your life, you had little say in whether or not the secrets of his business were or were not told to you - even if the secrets themselves involved your direct family. He was stubbornly refusing to reveal anything to the blonde, and from the way that she hardly saw him nowadays, Felicity was beginning to assume that he was avoiding her in order to escape from the consistent demand that he should spill whatever he was holding back from her.

And after seven long days of pestering the gangster for even the smallest hint as to what he was up to, Felicity had finally given up. She now simply assumed that if he had any future plans on alerting her to the oh-so-fool-proof plan of his, he would do so whenever he was ready.

Considering exactly who she was talking about, though, Felicity did not have very high hopes of that happening any time soon.

The girl found herself simply sighing and bringing her arms to her head, so to pull her long blonde locks up and out of her face, so that it hung in a limp ponytail.

"I'm going out," Felicity declared as she shrugged her arms through the sleeves of her jacket. Not a soul replied and so she merely pursed her lips together in a pleased, slight smile with the thought of escaping from the stifling home.

She was bored: that was the simplest way to put it.

The girl made her way towards the pub with a gentle hum on her lips and for once, her mind was as clear as a summer night sky. She didn't have any wishes other than getting back to the Garrison and simply sinking back into the life that she had been forced to discard for the past week, on Thomas' wishes that she simply stayed out of harm's way for even a short amount of time. Not wanting to argue with the man, she had quietly agreed and thus spent most of her days alongside the eleven-year-old Finn, of whom she had grown to adore. He was quietly shy at first and yet as the girl spent more and more time alongside him - whether or not it was to avoid Thomas, she wouldn't admit - Finn grew closer to Felicity. She kept him amused whilst the rest of the family were dead set on arguing over whatever they saw fit. Despite growing closer to the Shelby siblings and their aunt, Felicity was still quietly apprehensive of whenever any of them were in a bad mood.

Harry glanced up from the bar with a glimmer of a welcoming smile spreading across his lips as Felicity walked into the Garrison. He finished pouring the pint and pushed it in the direction of the man who awaited it - he only took it with a mumbled thanks and staggered off towards a table further towards the back.

"'Afternoon," Felicity greeted the barman as she made her way behind the bar, pushing away idle attempts to grope at her and shooting the men a disbelieving frown as she did so.

Her gaze fell on the men that had taken up stools or chairs around the pub, with their drinks in hand and lazy conversations passing their lips as they drained their glasses with the hopes of draining their lives of their problems at the same time.

The door swung open and in walked Ada, with a tight expression on her lips as she snaked her way to the bar. She was bundled up in a coat and as her dress curved with more than just a hint of maternity, Felicity wondered why on earth she could be arsed to jostle through the crowded building when she could just as easily be at home, as it was clear it would not be long before she was due into labour.