Erkenci Kus episode 32 recap

First -I apologize for the late post I usually don't promise a post date and not deliver– unexpected circumstances occurred in my personal life and so this episode had to take a back seat for a bit

First -I apologize for the late post I usually don't promise a post date and not deliver– unexpected circumstances occurred in my personal life and so this episode had to take a back seat for a bit. Thank you for your patience and for reading my recaps. It means a lot that you take the time to read my thoughts about a show we both love <3

Second- Let me preface this next episode with something I have been feeling... sorry that it is a bit off topic but here it is...I know I give Asli a lot of Sh*t about how she changed EK...and she did – she did change the show and the characters a lot... you can feel the difference, and it is painful at times to see. I had a realization though that allowed me to have a little more compassion for her – Alsi was trying to take an Ayse show and make it her own...that just cant work - it is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole- it will never fit. So while I am mad at how she handled EK, I can also love her new show Bay Yanlis. I see that she took some real time with her story and went for an older age female lead and I think that has made all the difference...this isn't an ad for BY- watch what you want to watch- you are strong, creative and independent individuals who can decide what show has meaning for you. I just needed to say that I see now that Asli didn't have a real handle or understanding of EK; the show as a whole and the characters. I feel she tried to "fake it until you make it"- and she didn't make it lol sorry but that needed to be said...Ayse and Asli's writing approaches are so different from each other. I feel the EK production expected way too much in the writing change. Ayse goes for the fantasy and legend, Asli goes for realness and the humor in life. Ayse's pace is usually slower with deep nuance while Asli has a faster more in your face approach. I have always said and still feel that if Ayse and Asli would have written together the episodes from 18-38 I think it could have been a fantastic show because the combination could have been something else...I do appreciate Asli's writing... in BY lol this show has been the only one of Asli's I have truly liked full episodes of...but writers can learn from mistakes and grow... and I think EK was a huge learning experience for Asli... and it shows....ok again this is not a BY ad you can like it or not. I've just been getting sick of these Dizi battles especially when the 2 summer shows involved are 2 shows I love that are written by Asli and Ayse. I needed to say that my recaps should not be used as a source to talk badly about other shows...Every new show deserves a clean slate as a starting point ...I write from my heart, my humor, and my mind. I try not to hold back and try be honest with how I feel in these episodes because that is how I write– sorry not sorry ;)... and yes I will still call Asli out in these episodes but it has nothing to do with her current work - it is about this show and this show alone... OK rant officially done ;) now let's get to the episode...

1. we start off the episode with the last full scene...they do this sometimes to run the clock a bit but I do think this scene was very important- the scene is the next morning after the "goodbye dance" as I call it- where Canem dance at the Redmode perfume launch. They dance while missing each other while a beautiful song is in the background. We saw how confused Can was after the dance and how determined Sanem was to take charge of her own life and move forward from Can to her writing. The next morning Can arrives all smiley as if Canem aren't broken and calls Sanem "Erkenci Kus" literally meaning early bird as she was early but also as what the expression means- a day dreamer. Sanem asks Can not to call her that anymore. Can asks Sanem what he should call her instead. Sanem's response is for Can to either just say good morning or to call her Sanem Hanem....that stopped Can in his tracks...and made my heart freeze for a moment. No one calls Sanem – Sanem Hanem- that is formal and that shift is letting Can know that they are really distant now...we don't get to see his response really besides him being taken aback. Yigit interrupts the moment and I do wish we had the chance to see what Can really would have said or how he would have fully reacted to that statement... I wont go into the Yigit and Can back and forth as I did in the last episode and frankly all it was really was Can and Yigit trying to stake a claim on Sanem and Can being reminded that he is leaving... and Sanem tells them both that she has agreed to work with yigit. Can is upset and Yigit is so thrilled...and then Polen enters the mix and the cliffhanger that I don't think is such a big deal is revealed...Yigit and Polen are brother and sister- DU DU DU DUMMMMMM....