15

I stumble back from the window, and the curtains close. Dylan somehow managed to catch me before I tip over. I look up at him, and then back at the window as the woman constantly bashes her head on the window.

"We need to get out of here," Dylan says.

I nod. The sound gets quicker, and now I'm legit curious about how she didn't pass out or die from it. But then the window breaks open, and Dylan shoves me behind him.

The woman walks into the room, her high heels crunching on the glass sprayed everywhere. Then I realize that she has no blood on her face or even on the glass.

How ... ?

Get Dylan out of here. She wants him.

"Dylan!" I hiss, and I grab his hand tight. He looks at me over his shoulder and then the woman somehow manages to charge at us.

"Back off, you freak!" I exclaim.

She laughs. "You really don't scare me."

Get Dylan out of there. Now!

I step out from behind Dylan and shield him as she stops mere inches away from us. She snarls at me and then it happens. She starts to morph.

"Run!" I exclaim, and Dylan and I run from the room, and slam the door behind us.

Cassie and Maya come out and look at us, confused.

"Demon chick in the room," I say.

"Oh," she says. "Great."

"What are we going to do?" Dylan asks.

"We should probably get out of here," Cassie says.

Suddenly, the door shatters. Like, gets obliterated by the demon chick. She is now in the form of a werewolf, a very humanoid and wolfy form. She snarls and the voices in my head scream at me to get Dylan out of here.

"I got this," says Cassie.

She steps forward, and I see something in her hand seem to glow. The demon woman tilts her head to the side and then pounces on us. Cassie brings her hand up and stabs the creature in the chest. She screams and swats Cassie away.

"Run!"

We bolt down the hallway, and she charges after us. The people who are in here freak out and run. Then we slip into the outside world, and run to the car.

"We need to hurry," Cassie says.

Dylan opens the door and helps me get into the car. I scramble inside and Maya turns the car on. I grab Dylan's hand and help him climb in the car just as the monster slams into the car, nearly tipping us over.

"Are you okay?" he asks me.

"Yeah, I think so," I say. "You?"

"Yeah. What about you two?"

"I'm fine," says Maya as we pull out of the lot.

"Yeah," says Cassie.

We speed down the road, and I look at the window near me, and see it moving through the woods. It's a bird or bat or something, and it is flying right at the car.

"Uh, do you see that?"

"Yeah," Cassie and Maya say.

The creature slams against the car window hard. Maya yells something I can't understand and then there's a huge explosion of white light.

Then, nothing.