V1 Chapter 10:Black, White, and Grey

The next morning, Ruby is seen walking up, stretching and yawning as she does. She looks down to see Blake's bed and Y/n's sleeping bag still empty, making her worry. Yang and Weiss soon wake up after her, with Yang reacting the same way.

Ruby:We should go look for them, they could be in trouble.

Yang:I agree. You think we should get Skylar?

Ruby:Yeah, she should know.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Skylar looking through a magnifying glass

Ruby, Yang, Weiss, and Skylar are now walking through the city, looking for the two missing faunus.

Ruby:they've been gone all weekend.

Weiss:Blake's a big girl, I'm sure she can handle herself. Same goes for Y/n.

Yang:Weiss, come on. They're our teammates.

Weiss:Is she? We all heard what she said. And what about Y/n.

Skylar:Yeah, what about Y/n, Weiss?

Skylar sends Weiss a glare, making her stay quiet. Yang spoke up to make sure the two don't fight.

Yang:Look, maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Either way, they're both missing and we need to find them.

Weiss:A member of the White Fang. Right underneath our noses!

Ruby:I just hope they're okay.

Meanwhile, across the city, Blake, Y/n, and Sun are sitting on the balcony of a cafe. Blake takes a sip from her tea, before looking up and seeing Sun hold his cup with his tail, taking a sip from it. Y/n, meanwhile, is starring into his coffee. She takes a deep breath, before speaking.

Blake:So, you two want to know more about me.

Sun:(raises hands) Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you two have given me nothing but small talk and weird looks. (Blake's gives an annoyed look) Yeah! Like that.

Blake:(rolls eyes).. Sun, Y/n... are you two familiar with the White Fang?

Y/n:Yes, I am.

Sun:Well duh! I don't I think there's a faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks if you ask me.

As Sun was saying this, Y/n tried to get his attention and make him stop, giving up when Sun finished. Blake took a sip of her tea before responding.

Blake:I was, once a member of the White Fang.

Sun:(chokes on drink, coughs) Wait a minute, you were a member of the White Fang?

Blake:That's right. I was a member for most of my life actually. You could almost say I was born into it. Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between humans and the faunus. Of course, despite being promised equality. The faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. And I actually thought they were making a difference... but I was just a youthful optimist... Then, five years ago, our leader step down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly our peaceful protest were being replaced with organized attacks. We we're setting fire to shows that refused to serve us. Hijacking cargo from companies that use faunus labor. And the worst part was? It was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear. So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence. And instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a huntress. So here I am. A criminal hiding in plain view. All with the help of a little, black bow.