chapter 2

I brushed my hair back behind my ear, opening a path for my spoon to go in.

a warm bowl of soup, perfect for any time of day.

all of a sudden, a tall shadow loomed over me and my soup, grabbing my attention as I gazed up.

"did you have a fight with Anaak over cookies?" khun asked, sitting down in front of me. I stayed silent, spooning up the food into my mouth.

the blue wizard sighed, shaking his head. "y/n, you're not eleven anymore. why would you fight someone for cookies?"

my answer was immediate. strong bold words left my mouth as I stared him down courageously.

"they taste good."

"y/n-" he sighed. "why are we friends?"

"tell me why I'm still alive and maybe I can answer that question." I said, feeling myself again. The soups warmth made my stomach happy.

"I need you to accompany me to the library later." I said all of a sudden. the thought of staying in that library till late scares me. I knew I shouldn't have procrastinated on those homeworks.

he sighed. "fine."

"By the way, here. I bought these for you." khun slammed a jar of cookies (softly) on the table in front of me, making me stop chewing midway.

I quickly picked it up, looking at him and back at the jar.

"When I heard you wanted cookies, I went and bought some- woah!"

I reached out across the table to hug him, circling my hand around his neck.

"you're the best!" I yelled, popping some into my mouth. "honestly, I wouldn't know what I'd do without you."

"I only bought you cookies-"

"I was talking to the cookies, but you too I guess."

He blinked, as if taking in my words, and sat there emotionless. His face scrunches up in annoyance after his brain finally registered what I had implied. it took him a while.

he opened his mouth, and I got myself prepared for another witty comeback - though it never came.

khun was Suddenly tackled, shocking both him and me, by a blond haired girl.

"KHUN!" she cried, legitimately cried. or maybe not, who knows. Rachel is known to be a cry baby after all. "Khun there's this guy that keeps calling me names!" she explained, tears rolling down her face. "I need you to help me tell him off!"

"alright." khun sighed, picking himself up. "show me where he is."

"wait, but you said we-"

"Bros before hoes, y/n." he cut me off before leaving through the big door and disappearing with Rachel.

"but I'm the bro. hmph." I grumbled under my breath. stupid roach and her whiney llama dick. who knows where she would drag Khun to next. I don't even have to question wether or not I should wait for him.

after Khun had left, the room started to fill in with whispers. sure, Khun's presence had kept these people off my back. that's why I'm scared of going to the library alone.

though I'm not using him (like Rachel) in any way.

but it is dumb to use my housing placement as a cover to hide their racism. I'm just trying to live my life as a normal human being. how's that hard to grasp?

but I won't listen to them or give them any time of day. why should I converse with creatures who doesn't understand the concept of minding your own business.

as long as it doesn't get physical, I won't do a damn thing about it.

making my way out to the hall, I walked towards the library, having to stop and chat with the librarian before entering and sitting down.

as usual, it's packed with Ravenclaws. I still don't understand why people are so eager to study.

✧.•:⁺•✧°:*.✧⁺•.:✧.*:.⁺✧

it was nearly curfew when I had finished my homework. though I did get distracted in the end and ended up reading a whole encyclopedia about why Llamas spit.

I learned nothing from that book.

stretching my hands up, I began walking towards the door when it just burst open on it's own.

I stopped, feeling my self stumble backwards as a body collided with mine.

"y/n, you're okay-" Khun hugged my body tightly, his hand brushing my hair. he rested his head in my shoulder, whispering weakly.

"Khun? of course I am. what happened?" I ran my hand repeatedly on his back, trying my best to calm him down.

it was really unlike him to get so worked up.

"come on, let's talk while walking back. it's almost curfew and I don't want miss Norris up my ass."

✧.•:⁺•✧°:*.✧⁺•.:✧.*:.⁺✧

I laid down on my bed, having some time to think to myself.

it's almost scary how people can be so desperate to pull someone down..

a group of boys from Slytherin under our year had planned to use a forbidden spell on me. to curse me or something.

as scary as that sounds, what would they gain from it? unless I've done something bad to them, in this case I have never even met them.

why would they want to hurt someone they don't even know is beyond me.

the moment Khun over heard them he ditched Rachel and looked for me.

the boys had been waiting outside the library waiting for me and left when they didn't see me come out.

reading that Llama spit book saved my life after all.

though as dangerous as cursing someone, I'm half sure it wasn't that dangerous. petty, maybe. but the word that struggled to register in my head was forbidden.

where the hell would they have learned a forbidden spell, and why risk getting caught by the ministry when you can live your life peacefully and graduate from hogwarts to get a good job at the wizarding world.

most importantly, why me?

✧.•:⁺•✧°:*.✧⁺•.:✧.*:.⁺✧

I CAN'T get over how much I appreciate my new school and my new classmates. they are all so lovely and fun, hilarious people and I feel like I actually belong in a group for once.

okay my RC group is and forever will be my best friend, but to have an entire class be so nice to each other and no one hating on anyone and bullying anyone is so refreshing??

we usually have late night talks where we talk abt our problems and btw, it's only been less than a week since we met. like i have never met these people in my life. ever.

my class is just??? the most??? amazing class??? ever???

I actually thought that's just how my new school works, but turns out it was only my class. so- our solidarity is amaziiing and I don't regret changing schools.

like they literally boosted my confidence in less than a week. I don't understand how, but they did it. My anxiety is also reducing by a lot since I met them.

omg I just love them all so much sudjssh.