Rebuilding What's Left Of Me

Midoriya panted heavily, as he entered the apartment. He had run all the way home from school, being chased by Bakugou and his lackeys. He slammed the door, letting out a large breath. He looked around, seeing no one, and walked over to the stairs. He peeled his quirk suppression braclet off as he climbed the stairs, tripping on his feet. As he entered the apartment, he colapsed right into his mother's arms.

"Izuku, sweetie, are you alright?" Inko asked, catching Midoriya. "Yeah, I'm okay.... just.... really tired... Kacchan chased me home..." He answered, panting. Inko rubbed his back, walking him over to the couch, and sitting him down. "Why don't you sit down for a bit, okay?"

Midoriya simply nodded, too tired to argue.

He didn't realize that he had left his latest analysis notebook at school due to trying to escape Bakugou.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright... if I plan on going to UA, I'm gonna need some sort of training... And there's only eight months left before the entrance exam!!" Midoriya groaned, smacking a random notebook onto his head repeatedly. Dipper stared at him, before saying, "aren't you powerful as it is?"

Midoriya stopped slamming the book into his head, turning to look at Dipper over his shoulder. "Powerful, yes, but that means nothing if I can hardly control my quirk... and I'm positive that there'll be some sort of quirk test..."

"Why didn't you do some training before?" asked Mabel, looking up from... whatever she was doing. Midoriya wasn't sure if he wanted to know what that would be. "Quirk laws.. no one can utilise their quirks without a license for it..." Midoriya groaned, "but, then again, it never seems to apply to anyone, because people use their quirks in public all the time..."

"Sooo why don't you just use yours?" Mabel asked, and Midoriya sighed, "1. I have to wear quirk suppresent braclets a lot because people don't trust my quirk, and 2. I've pretty much been pre-conditioned to hate my own quirk, so even if I could use it, I wouldn't want to.."

"That's messed up." Dipper stated. Midoriya nodded, "I'm aware..."

"Point being, I'm not at all prepared for this....." Midoriya groaned, reaching for his notebook to slam it into his head again. "And, I'm pretty sure I left one of my notebooks at school, which is definitly not a good thing.."

"Do not smack that book into your head again, Cipher."

"Hey Dipper, I made Bear-O!!"

"NO!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midoriya stared up at the building known as UA, fear rolling off him. While he managed to get in some training, he still had pretty weak control over his quirk. He'd be a liar if he said he wasn't nervous. And anyway, why wouldn't he be? UA had an extremely low acceptane rate.

"Well.... here goes nothing, I guess...." He muttered, stepping forwards.

And, he tripped on air.

Or I'll just die, that works too.

He clentched his eyes shut, and waited to hit the ground. When he didn't after a few seconds, he peaked one eye open, to see that he was floating. Huh. Did my quirk activate on it's own..?

"Sorry about using my quirk on you, I figured it would be alright. Tripping on the entrance exam day would be a bad omen, don'tcha think?" A cheerful voice said, and suddenely, he was standing upright. With out looking at the speaker, he said, "oh, uh, yeah... th-thanks for the save!"

He turned to face them, only to be met with the face of a girl with short, brown hair, large brown eyes, rosy cheeks, and a round shaped face.

Midoriya's face turned tomato red from blush.

"Well, good luck on the exam!!" She exclaimed, running off towards the building.

She seems nice.. That'll change if she finds my quirk out, though...

"What are you doing here, Cipher?! Didn't I tell you not to apply for the exams!!" Bakugou growled from behing him. "O-oh, K-Kacchan... funny thing is, I-I kinda d-didn't listen..?" Midoriya said, moving away from Bakugou.

"Tch, it's not like there's a point. They'll never let in a monster like you!!" Bakugou growled, stomping past Izuku.

He's right.. There really is no point..

I should just give up.

No! I can't give up now! I have to at least try!

Midoriya nodded firmly, and continued his way to the entrance exams.

He sat down in the auditorium, unfortunately he was sat right next to Bakugou.

He avoided looking at the blond, instead looking forwards at the announcer, who happened to be Present Mic. Present Mic handed out written tests for everyone, as well as packets explaining the pratical exam.

"Alright, little listeners, finish up the written exams, then we'll move on to the practical!!" Present Mic anounced.

Midoriya instantly got to work, finishing the test in the first few minutes. It was easy for him, he already knew most of it from studying. Midoriya would sometimes study when he was bored, it took his mind off things.

Once again, he was unaware of his backwards mumbles as he worked.

After the written exam was over, Present Mic said, "Alright listeners, now we'll start the practical exam!!! CAN I GET A YEAH?!" Sadly, there was no response. He continued on as if it never happened, "For this test, you'll be fighting robots!!! There are three types, and each have a different amount of points!! And there's no playing anti-hero, so no attacking other examinees or you'll be disqualified!!"

Just then, a blue haired boy stood up from his seat, "Present Mic, this packet shows four robots, but you only mentioned three! If this is a mistake, UA should be ashamed!!" The blue haired boy then pointed at Midoriya, "And you, with the green hair!! You've been mumbling this whole time!!! It's distracting for everyone!! If you're not going to take this seriously, then you should leave!!"

Midoriya then felt all eyes on him, and he began trembling under the sudden pressure, "I-I'm s-s-so s-s-s-sorry..! I w-wasn't a-aware I w-w-was m-mumbling, I-I'm s-sorry!! I-It's an o-old h-habit, th-that's all..! I-I c-can u-understand m-m-my thoughts b-b-better o-out l-l-l-loud..!"

This seemed to satisfy them, as the pressure disspersed. Present Mic sweatdropped, "well, uh, I was just about to get to that!! The fourth robot is the zero-pointer! Nearly impossible to beat, and not worth any points! Think of it as an obstacle!! Now then, PLUS ULRTA!!!"