Chapter 40 - Historia

AN: I can't believe it's chapter 40 already. Where has the time gone... this is over 100k words now. The same length of my trilogy... oh well.

Last week's chapter was steamy, but there's way more steam to come. Trust me.

Song inspired for this chapter: Only Love Can Hurt Like This by Paloma Faith.

New Year's Eve came and went, and before we knew it, it was January the 1st.

Just two weeks until my birthday.

I will finally be a woman, but most of all... I will finally get to lay with my knight in shining armour.

The sexual tension is growing thicker by the day, and I don't think I can take it anymore.

I keep trying every day to make Levi succumb to my womanly needs, but he is deadset on my birthday.

He won't go against his honour and take my virginity before my time.

The spoilsport.

His sculpted chest is not enough. I need more...

Levi's body though... it makes a girl tingly in all the right places. All those years of vertical manoeuvring have paid off big time. The moment I ran my tongue between the deep grooves of his chiselled chest, I became a woman possessed. 

And best of all, Levi liked it too. A lot. For a moment, he was entirely under my spell, and it empowers me to know that I have this effect over Humanity's Strongest.

One day... I will completely unravel him and find his core.

Preparations for my birthday celebrations commenced the first week of January, and the council meetings we had to attend prior seemed to go on and on.

When the top brass asked me what theme I wanted, I knew straight away.

I'd seen it in books after all.

For my birthday, I have decided to throw a masquerade.

I can see it now... Everyone will wear flashy, elegant clothes while hiding their faces behind a mask, and we won't even be able to tell who is who anymore.

So enchanting.

As you can imagine, Levi wasn't impressed. When he muttered his infamous "tch," beside me, I shut him out.

No one can stop me from having my masquerade dream. I've never asked for much in life; I grew up with nothing, so for once, I would like to enjoy myself.

The top brass loved the idea, the-commander-in-chief especially, and I couldn't help but be proud of myself as I walked out of the council room.

Levi follows me like a shadow. He still has a face like a smacked anus as we march down the long corridor.

The moment we're out of earshot, he says, "A masquerade? Seriously? Could you be any more pretentious?"

I blow a sigh. "I didn't expect you'd understand. As a little girl, I could only dream of—"

"Oh, save it. We get it, Historia. Your childhood was fucking miserable. Just give me a moment while I play you the world's smallest violin..."

I glare at him. "I will shove that tiny violin up your anus."